david22

How to uninstall faulty Kaspersky Mobile Security 9?

I recently bought a desktop version of Kaspersky Internet Security and in the box there was a leaflet offering a free 1 year subscription to KMS. I scanned the QR code and downloaded the program (version 9.4.130). When I tried to install the app it started ok and accepted the activation code. Then it went to a screen inviting me to activate it as a device administrator, but just afterwards my phone froze and then told me that KMS had crashed. Every time I restart the app the same thing happens.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.04 (Samsungs's version for UK SIM free devices).

Belatedly I went to these forums and it appears version 9 has a problem with Android 4.

I have downloaded the latest version (10.1.29) but I'm stuck.

When I try to install this over the older version the installation hangs.

If I try to uninstall version 9.4.130 the uninstallation hangs.

Force closing the app from settings doesn't help.

Rebooting my phone just brings me back to the same situation.

Sometimes my phone freezes altogether and becomes unusable.

I now have an unstable phone with a non-working security app. Please help me fix it. I don't want to get KMS working any more - I just want to get rid of it.

Edited by david22

I recently bought a desktop version of Kaspersky Internet Security and in the box there was a leaflet offering a free 1 year subscription to KMS. I scanned the QR code and downloaded the program (version 9.4.130). When I tried to install the app it started ok and accepted the activation code. Then it went to a screen inviting me to activate it as a device administrator, but just afterwards my phone froze and then told me that KMS had crashed. Every time I restart the app the same thing happens.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.04 (Samsungs's version for UK SIM free devices).

Belatedly I went to these forums and it appears version 9 has a problem with Android 4.

I have downloaded the latest version (10.1.29) but I'm stuck.

When I try to install this over the older version the installation hangs.

If I try to uninstall version 9.4.130 the uninstallation hangs.

Force closing the app from settings doesn't help.

Rebooting my phone just brings me back to the same situation.

Sometimes my phone freezes altogether and becomes unusable.

I now have an unstable phone with a non-working security app. Please help me fix it. I don't want to get KMS working any more - I just want to get rid of it.

most likely the best option now is to factory reset the phone after using KIES to backup contacts, bookmarks, personal files etc.

most likely the best option now is to factory reset the phone after using KIES to backup contacts, bookmarks, personal files etc.

I wanted to avoid that. Kies has been unreliable for me at the best of times. With KMS repeatedly restarting itself, freezing the phone and then force-stopping I think Kies was unlikely to work. fortunately I didn't have to try it as several hours of repeatedly restarting the phone eventually got me to a point where KMS would uninstall.

This experience has reduced my opinion of Kaspersky. It looks like their app was incompatible with one of the most popular Android phones with the latest official OS (Galaxy S2 running Samsung's Android 4.04). This might be forgivable if KMS version 9 pre-dated 4.04 and it does sound as though they fixed the problem with version 10. However, Kaspersky then left the URL from the QR code pointing at the older version of the app. They should have either pointed the URL at the fixed version or taken you to a page warning about the problems with Android 4.04.

I've been wary of scanning QR codes since the recent concern over malicious hash codes that can wipe a phone. This is one of the main reasons I decided to install KMS, thinking this would help protect me and that I could trust a QR code from a security company. Ironically the anti-malware program then rendered my phone unusable for most of a day and nearly made me have to wipe it myself.

Glad you managed to get it sorted eventually. Sounds like you encountered a nightmare scenario unfortunately and I agree there should be a statement warning users of 4.0.4 and above to use version 10 with a link to it. I have never used QR codes and don't intend to start unless I suddenly lose the time and ability to type a short url in seconds like the people they seemingly target ;)

I had the same problem earlier today when I updated to ICS 4.0.4 via Kies.

What I did was:

1. Go into Task Manager.

2. Select the Downloaded Tab at the top.

3. Scroll down to Kaspersky Mobile Security and select Uninstall.

4. This prompts you to go to the System Administrators and you can uncheck KMS.

5. I then got a phone dialler style screen, to which you enter your Kaspersky security code (the one you set up during installation).

6. You can then get back into the Task Manager, select the Downloaded Tab and successfully uninstall KMS.

If you did set up a KMS security code, to remove it completely you'll also need to do the following:

1. Go into Security (you'll be prompted to enter a code, this is the KMS security code).

2. Under Screen Lock, select None.

Hope that helps for future reference anyway. :)

Edited by PATHIAN

I had the same problem earlier today when I updated to ICS 4.0.4 via Kies.

What I did was:

1. Go into Task Manager.

2. Select the Downloaded Tab at the top.

3. Scroll down to Kaspersky Mobile Security and select Uninstall.

4. This prompts you to go to the System Administrators and you can uncheck KMS.

5. I then got a phone dialler style screen, to which you enter your Kaspersky security code (the one you set up during installation).

6. You can then get back into the Task Manager, select the Downloaded Tab and successfully uninstall KMS.

If you did set up a KMS security code, to remove it completely you'll also need to do the following:

1. Go into Security (you'll be prompted to enter a code, this is the KMS security code).

2. Under Screen Lock, select None.

Hope that helps for future reference anyway. :)

:bravo:

Good post! works with 10.1.29 as well. (Galaxy III)

Thank you.

I have the old verson called Tablet Security in the apps, but this new verson installs seperatly. This issue of the crashing is keeping me from uninstalling the older app. The new app will not even start up for me. Is there a way to uninstall the old app manually so I can try a fresh install of the new app. I am using a Transformer TF300T with android version (4.2.1).

Edited by WarbNull

Hello, WarbNull,

may I ask you to create a support request in the Personal Cabinet containing following information:

1. Full model name of your device.

2. OS version.

3. KMS version.

4. Logs collected while reproducing the error.

Please kindly collect logs using following instruction:

1) Turn on "USB debugging"

Android versions <4.2 - Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging

Android versions >4.2 - Settings -> About Phone

Tap on “Build Number” repeatedly (11 times).

Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging

2) Install "logcat" application and collect traces by one of the following methods:

I. Directly from the device

a. Install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...org.jtb.alogcat

b. Start the utility, switch to the menu and start installation of KES for Mobile.

c. Reproduce the problem.

d. Switch back to the utility, wait a few seconds and save the log.

II. Total Commander Plugin (with Total Commander installed on PC)

a. Install plugin http://wincmd.ru/plugring/android_adb.html

b. Connect device to the PC.

c. Reproduce the problem.

d. Collect log: TC -> Network -> ADB -> Device -> .logcat -> filename.txt

III. SDK. Version 1, non-interactive.

a. Download and install JDK http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/jav...oads/index.html (x86 build)

b. Download and install SDK http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

c. Connect device to the PC.

d. Reproduce the problem.

e. Save log http://developer.android.com/tools/help/logcat.html (adb logcat -f d:\logcat.txt). This operation should be completed in approximately 5 seconds.

IV. SDK. Version 2. Through GUI.

a. Download and install JDK http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/jav...oads/index.html (x86 build)

b. Download and install SDK http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

c. Connect device to the PC.

d. Start %android-sdk%\tools\ddms.bat

e. Select appropriate device.

f. Reproduce the problem.

g. In the low quarter of the window select all elements with Ctrl+A, and save it by clicking on "Floppy disk-icon (verbose level).

Please kindly provide me with the case number - either here or through personal messages.

Thank you for co-operation.

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.