I thought we were covered vis-a-vis Firefox updates for a while. I just updated to 16.0 and found that the keyboard and safe money are disabled (again). What's up with that? These are really important features (to me) and big selling points for KIS 2013.

Maybe when patch "C" comes out Kaspersky will include FF 420 which should last for maybe 6 months. :b_lol1:

I thought we were covered vis-a-vis Firefox updates for a while. I just updated to 16.0 and found that the keyboard and safe money are disabled (again). What's up with that? These are really important features (to me) and big selling points for KIS 2013.

Same for me. I decided to give up on having the Firefox beta-upgrades and moved on to release only updates. But still, always when the new version comes, Kaspersky plug-ins are disabled. This is something, that should be resolved. Maybe a joint venture, that both Mozilla and Kaspersky should discuss about?

PS. And I know, that Mozilla found a bug in 16-version (which is hopefully remedied today), but it doesn't change the fact that this is happening on every update...

But the bottom line is nobody is forcing you to auto-update.

With this logic I'd still be using windows 3.11 and no anti-malware. The update is for security reasons just like the purpose of KIS. Funny how this problem never affects any other browser. Why is that? What makes Firefox so difficult to keep up with?

Have you all tried Firefox ESR (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations)?

I had asked previously about the ESR and was given the impression that it was not supported since KIS is a home user product and the ESR was intended for business users. If so that makes the ESR tempting except for the fact that I would have to give up the click to play feature, which I am not wanting to lose.

I won't name names but other vendors seem to be keeping up with Firefox updates. It seems a fair question to ask about the status of Kaspersky's support of the same. KIS is one of the best products available, but they need a better Firefox plan. Especially since they have introduced the Safe Money plugin. It is unusable to Firefox users that keep their browser current.

I don't want to hear some lame excuses. Don't get me wrong, I love KIS, that is why I have used it for a long time. Safe banking is, for example, an innovation on my mind. But what I don't like about, is mocking an paying customer. It's kinda simple, if you cannot stand the heat, stay out of [SPAM!!!]. None of the other add-ons, which most of is maintained by a single person, have any problem of keeping up with FF schedule. So why should a professional company's product be judged differently? I pay for the security, I expect to have it or then maybe a notification saying: "We cannot keep up with Firefox's update schedule" or something similar. "Keep the old version", how an administrator can even say something like that? Is that an Kaspersky's kind of policy? If OS update would break compatibility with Kaspersky, should we not update OS, just because of that???

Oh yeah, FF16 has a flaw, that was convenient to blame it for this situation and give another excuse. "Everything worked, when I downgraded"... Do I even have to say, how I feel about that?

And after this rant, I STILL am an KIS-user. But it would be really nice, for once, be respected as an customer (last time I got an warning, because of posting something of a similar rant about UT3 bug... It wasn't corrected until the next version...) and respected about the point of view, which I have on the case. Am I going to get another warning and deletion of my writing? Maybe, but I still think same, about this situation...

I don't want to hear some lame excuses. Don't get me wrong, I love KIS, that is why I have used it for a long time. Safe banking is, for example, an innovation on my mind. But what I don't like about, is mocking an paying customer. It's kinda simple, if you cannot stand the heat, stay out of [SPAM!!!]. None of the other add-ons, which most of is maintained by a single person, have any problem of keeping up with FF schedule. So why should a professional company's product be judged differently? I pay for the security, I expect to have it or then maybe a notification saying: "We cannot keep up with Firefox's update schedule" or something similar. "Keep the old version", how an administrator can even say something like that? Is that an Kaspersky's kind of policy? If OS update would break compatibility with Kaspersky, should we not update OS, just because of that???

Oh yeah, FF16 has a flaw, that was convenient to blame it for this situation and give another excuse. "Everything worked, when I downgraded"... Do I even have to say, how I feel about that?

And after this rant, I STILL am an KIS-user. But it would be really nice, for once, be respected as an customer (last time I got an warning, because of posting something of a similar rant about UT3 bug... It wasn't corrected until the next version...) and respected about the point of view, which I have on the case. Am I going to get another warning and deletion of my writing? Maybe, but I still think same, about this situation...

Nobody mocking you, that's just emotional BS, they may not agree with your view or your abrasive way of expressing yourself. Respect is earned and you do nothing to earn it with you style.

Your logic is seriously flawed btw, an OS is essential and an updated OS is certainly essential....using Fire Fox is not by any measure essential, there are many other good or better broweser choices. The bottomline is that the way FF is now releasing build like we humans change underwear will mean that there will be time to wait from a new FF version is released, til a fix is made/tested and finally released and we have been over this again & again and again here in the forum.

...using Fire Fox is not by any measure essential, there are many other good or better broweser choices. The bottomline is that the way FF is now releasing build like we humans change underwear will mean that there will be time to wait from a new FF version is released, til a fix is made/tested and finally released and we have been over this again & again and again here in the forum.

Good choices sure, better is a matter of preference. We all hate the new Firefox release schedule, and we all realize it is inconvenient for vendors to have to work with. People will continue to post about it as long as Kaspersky lags behind. 16.01 is now out and there is no patch even mentioned here as being in testing.

Nobody mocking you, that's just emotional BS, they may not agree with your view or your abrasive way of expressing yourself. Respect is earned and you do nothing to earn it with you style.

Your logic is seriously flawed btw, an OS is essential and an updated OS is certainly essential....using Fire Fox is not by any measure essential, there are many other good or better broweser choices. The bottomline is that the way FF is now releasing build like we humans change underwear will mean that there will be time to wait from a new FF version is released, til a fix is made/tested and finally released and we have been over this again & again and again here in the forum.

Okay, let's take this for statistics: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

May not be scientific, but surely gives us a direction. Biggest Chrome and FF. So, it would be safe to say, that FF has a massive amount of users, in the world. FF's addons are (to me at least) the main point to it's usage. Only other browser, I sometimes use, is IE. And just because there are still some pages (very, very few) that don't work properly on FF. So I am forced to use IE sometimes. Now, I like clean machine, so I don't clutter it with programs, that I don't use. And I like FF (like millions of others do).

When it was first announced, that FF is going to move to a faster update cycle, I was first kinda against it. Now I think that it was the right choice, to a certain extent at least. One of the problems I had about that cycle, in the beginning, was just that I saw many addons not work on a new versions. It took maybe a couple of months for that situation to change and the addons started to keep up with the update cycle.

Now, I know, most of the addons are much more simpler and probably easier to keep compatible, than (I would estimate), more complex Kaspersky addons.

So, given this, would there be some way of Kaspersky to maybe add more persons to keep these addons up to date? Could they work together with Mozilla on this topic? I would believe this to be so important feature, that it should be worked out? As we are talking about a large number of users?

Or maybe there should be some easy way of knowing, when will the addons be compatible with new FF-versions. I don't even know, if Kaspersky has this info posted somewhere? If they don't, they should. That would maybe not be a thing, that PR-department would like, but to users it is quite important, wouldn't you think?

Just like keeping any other software up to date, I would also like to keep my browser up to date. I would maybe even go so far, as of disabling auto update from FF. Something like 2 or 3 weeks delay isn't going to kill me. But the info about the addon compatibility should be maybe an automatic notification to my email or something similar, to give me a clear sign, when I can safely update.

Main point of my "abrasive way of expressing myself" is the fact, that quite many times I see kinda "nosy" answers to these kind of support questions. Like here, for example: "You don't have to update your software", "Change your browser, what you use is not the best, it's not essential..."

Isn't that basically a way of putting a user down? Isn't that saying, we are right, you are wrong, live with it?

Now, I tried to be constructive here, wouldn't you agree? So, don't take it personally, it isn't meant to be like that (and if it has, then I apologize). I did get a little bit annoyed, about the answers.

But still, I think this is so important topic, that it should be given more thought about how to resolve it in useful way?

No, it's not a way of putting a user "down", it's another view in the debate and hate it or like it, some think differently and their opinion is just as relevant as yours.

We're going around in circles repeating ourselves constantly, consider this: Given that FF is a major browser......don't you honestly think regarding KL updating the addons that they would do it fast as snapping fingers if it was possible or even inside one day or one week?

If it was so simple it would of course get done.

No, it's not a way of putting a user "down", it's another view in the debate and hate it or like it, some think differently and their opinion is just as relevant as yours.

We're going around in circles repeating ourselves constantly, consider this: Given that FF is a major browser......don't you honestly think regarding KL updating the addons that they would do it fast as snapping fingers if it was possible or even inside one day or one week?

If it was so simple it would of course get done.

Yes, people have different opinions. And I can totally respect that. But let's leave that behind, it's getting us nowhere. I think I quite clearly stated (in my last post), that I realize Kaspersky's addons are most probably harder to keep "up to date".

So, as I take your answer, there will not be Kaspersky's addons, that keep up with FF schedule. That is clear and to some point understandable, now would it be possible to give users a clear message, when compatible addons are available? I mean, I can even come here to forums to look for that info (most of users surely don't, but that isn't my problem) or somewhere else, where that info would be published. Would it be OK, for someone here to take that "job" on their shoulders? As Alien8 said, I too think that people are going to keep posting about this, so maybe it would be a good idea to put an statement about this as "Sticky" or is it "IMPORTANT" here? Maybe there would also be a good place to have the info of what is latest compatible FF-version, that works with Kaspersky addons?

Edited by MSuomi

Yes, people have different opinions. And I can totally respect that. But let's leave that behind, it's getting us nowhere. I think I quite clearly stated (in my last post), that I realize Kaspersky's addons are most probably harder to keep "up to date".

So, as I take your answer, there will not be Kaspersky's addons, that keep up with FF schedule. That is clear and to some point understandable, now would it be possible to give users a clear message, when compatible addons are available? I mean, I can even come here to forums to look for that info (most of users surely don't, but that isn't my problem) or somewhere else, where that info would be published. Would it be OK, for someone here to take that "job" on their shoulders? As Alien8 said, I too think that people are going to keep posting about this, so maybe it would be a good idea to put an statement about this as "Sticky" or is it "IMPORTANT" here? Maybe there would also be a good place to have the info of what is latest compatible FF-version, that works with Kaspersky addons?

I'm certainly not saying there will never be addons that can keep up with FF release schedules. We cannot know what both (FF & Kaspersky) will do in the future, i'm merely saying that if it was possible right now, the addons would of course be released much quicker... ideally right along with new builds....that is however not the case. Who know what KL or FF will do for that matter, they are getting quite a bit of competition from other browsers which of course is why they changed their strategy....so who know, they may change the game again.

A sticky is not feasible as it is now because we do not have a "always on" direct connection with developers regarding releases and for it to work to user satisfaction it would have to be accurate otherwise this would become the attention of those not happy if we miss even one two times and we probably would because this is volunteer work.

Plus quite frankly a sticky made for so few users about a particular choice of browser.....it's "the same" who posts in these inevitable threads every time FF releases new builds whether beta or final builds....is probably a little over the top. Every time a new hotfix is released we of course have a thread discussing it and that should do it.

My statement about FF was just informational. I did not imply that Kaspersky was "blaming" FF for the add-on problem. Anyway FF has released a new version to correct it's security flaw. And I'm afraid to say this, but Kaspersky add-ons are again disabled. Along with the FF update was a note that this will be corrected.

Edited by TrueGreen

I own eight licenses (five ONE and three KIS). Since the 2012 product, I have been affected by Firefox's aggressive release schedule and incompatible Kaspersky add-ons. I currently have 31 add-ons and in the most recent update to v16.0.1, I was only cautioned about four that would be disabled because they were not compatible. Those four were the Kaspersky ones.

In reading through this thread and the older ones, it appears to me that as a user, I am being told that when Firefox version "whatever" goes final, then Kaspersky can start working on making things compatible with their add-ons. I'm not sure if this is the case or my misinterpretation but something about that just doesn't sit right with me. In the latest v16.0.1, there were *SIX* beta releases - all of them released with source code. It seems logical that Kaspersky could/should be working on doing what's required to make their add-ons compatible during the beta cycle so when that particular release goes gold, there is minimal work that needs to be done. The end result would be a quicker delivery of compatible add-ons and I think a great deal of more satisfied customers.

-Steve

I did the recommended update to FireFox 16.0.1 today, and to my Dismay All the protection Extensions were auto-Disabled as incompatible!

Has my computer been compromised, or is anyone else having the same issue?

Does anyone know when KIS will issue updates?

Edit: Merged to the existing topic that had sunk to the subabysmal depths of the second topic of page one.

Edited by richbuff

Okay, let's take this for statistics: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

May not be scientific, but surely gives us a direction. Biggest Chrome and FF. So, it would be safe to say, that FF has a massive amount of users, in the world. FF's addons are (to me at least) the main point to it's usage. Only other browser, I sometimes use, is IE. And just because there are still some pages (very, very few) that don't work properly on FF. So I am forced to use IE sometimes. Now, I like clean machine, so I don't clutter it with programs, that I don't use. And I like FF (like millions of others do).

When it was first announced, that FF is going to move to a faster update cycle, I was first kinda against it. Now I think that it was the right choice, to a certain extent at least. One of the problems I had about that cycle, in the beginning, was just that I saw many addons not work on a new versions. It took maybe a couple of months for that situation to change and the addons started to keep up with the update cycle.

Now, I know, most of the addons are much more simpler and probably easier to keep compatible, than (I would estimate), more complex Kaspersky addons.

So, given this, would there be some way of Kaspersky to maybe add more persons to keep these addons up to date? Could they work together with Mozilla on this topic? I would believe this to be so important feature, that it should be worked out? As we are talking about a large number of users?

Or maybe there should be some easy way of knowing, when will the addons be compatible with new FF-versions. I don't even know, if Kaspersky has this info posted somewhere? If they don't, they should. That would maybe not be a thing, that PR-department would like, but to users it is quite important, wouldn't you think?

Just like keeping any other software up to date, I would also like to keep my browser up to date. I would maybe even go so far, as of disabling auto update from FF. Something like 2 or 3 weeks delay isn't going to kill me. But the info about the addon compatibility should be maybe an automatic notification to my email or something similar, to give me a clear sign, when I can safely update.

Main point of my "abrasive way of expressing myself" is the fact, that quite many times I see kinda "nosy" answers to these kind of support questions. Like here, for example: "You don't have to update your software", "Change your browser, what you use is not the best, it's not essential..."

Isn't that basically a way of putting a user down? Isn't that saying, we are right, you are wrong, live with it?

Now, I tried to be constructive here, wouldn't you agree? So, don't take it personally, it isn't meant to be like that (and if it has, then I apologize). I did get a little bit annoyed, about the answers.

But still, I think this is so important topic, that it should be given more thought about how to resolve it in useful way?

I have to agree with you Don. I will say this, I use KIS on my main PC's, and another IS product on some others. On the others a patch for new versions of FF are released the same night as the FF release. Not so with KIS, and the only incompatible add-ons with every upgrade seem to be the KIS add-ons for the most part. This same question gets posted with every new FF release and for the most part the answers have always have been the same.

Edited by NVaZN

I did the recommended update to FireFox 16.0.1 today, and to my Dismay All the protection Extensions were auto-Disabled as incompatible!

Has my computer been compromised, or is anyone else having the same issue?

Does anyone know when KIS will issue updates?

Edit: Merged to the existing topic that had sunk to the subabysmal depths of the second topic of page one.

I downloaded FireFox 15.0.1 from filehippo (scanned safe), and did an install (no uninstall of 16.0.1 was necessary), and Extensions are working good again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll hold off on 16.0.1 until KIS 2013 makes a compatible update!- I wonder how I will know?

...As usual, there is a tendency to poke fun at the forum members. ...
Post is offline.

With that removed comment, let us now put this topic on a wait-and-see basis, until Don or other forum leader sees fit to unleash its vast untapped flood potential.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam 510 204.08 times on this forum. Search this forum for Firefox add-ons and then substitute "16" for 15, and 14 and 13..... and see that all here has been posted over and over again.

Firefox add-on compatibility will happen sometime in the future. Stopping flood now won't make it happen one second later.

-------------

The flood never stops. Because if it did, it wouldn't be flood anymore.

Time and time again, several Kaspersky addons such as Safe Money, Virtuial Keyboard, Content Blocker are disabled. It happens almost regularly and I believe Kaspersky is slow with the updates. I can still access bank records, by clicking Safe Money, just don't have that added security and piece of mind, Mindblower!

//Edit: Merged to the already existing topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable subabysmal Stygian depths of the middle of page 2.

Edited by richbuff

This is something that should be relayed to the sales and marketing departments at Kaspersky so they can ensure an adequate budget and adequate staffing for the technical people working on the issue.

I don't doubt Mozilla has some and perhaps the most responsibility for the on-going compatibility problem.

But people interact with their web browsers daily, where the AV is something that should mostly sit quietly in the background. It is a rare user who refuses to use a computer unless it has a particular AV.

Given the choice between changing browsers and changing AVs, most people and companies are going to change AVs.

Kaspersky can wish customers would ignore the FF compatibility issue, but it will cost Kaspersky a lot of customers and hamper firm growth because because it is a constant thorn in the side of customers.

It might be entirely Mozilla's fault, but it is Kaspersky whose profits will suffer.

If Kaspersky cannot reliably coordinate an add-on with FF, then remove that add-on and use another approach. New customers won't miss what was never there.

Thank you for reading this. This is a very important topic, but this is all I can contribute on it.

Congratulations to Kaspersky on finishing first in the latest examination by virus testers. :beer:

http://dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/s/...012_Q3_Home.pdf

//Edit: Merged to the already existing topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable subabysmal Stygian depths of the bottom third of page 1.

Edited by richbuff

oh5kk9.jpg

//Edit: Merged to the already existing topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable subabysmal Stygian depths of the bottom of page 4.

Edited by richbuff