Sign in to follow this  
nick92s

shadow defender and kaspersky

Hi,

Can generate incompatibilities, so is not recomended, whit Kaspersky is enough, and i think that Sadowdefender [that have a name of Rogue av xd] is very bad, i never have seen talk before of shadow.

Regards.

From what I heard last time, the product was not updated for a long time (2-3 years), so I wouldn't consider it myself.

Thanks for answering. Is there any similar software to shadow defender I can try?

Edited by nick92s

Returnil is one....although i would only consider the pure version without AV included. Acronis backup used to have a similar option included in the backup software, don't know if it still does.

Returnil is one....although i would only consider the pure version without AV included. Acronis backup used to have a similar option included in the backup software, don't know if it still does.

I had some problems with returnil, so I installed shadow defender now. How can I add kaspersky to the exclusion list for the shadow mode?

I had some problems with returnil, so I installed shadow defender now. How can I add kaspersky to the exclusion list for the shadow mode?

Follow these step may helps:

+ Open Shadow Defender main window

+ Click Exclusion List

+ Now click Add Folder and add

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

and

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab

to exclusion (do similar steps on x64 system).

Hi Maam/Sir, i have kaspersky antivirus 2013.. can i ask if where is the exact folder of virus definition after update? i mean where is it after update? because i'm going to add that folder in exclusion in my shadow defender.. please help.. thanks :)

Hello

it's under c:\programdata\kaspersky labs\AVP13\Bases

But you should add the whole c:\programdata\kaspersky labs folder.

If possible you should also exclude the c:\program files\kaspersky lab folder and the kl* drivers in system32

Edited by Lucian Bara

Hello

it's under c:\programdata\kaspersky labs\AVP13\Bases

But you should add the whole c:\programdata\kaspersky labs folder.

If possible you should also exclude the c:\program files\kaspersky lab folder and the kl* drivers in system32

uhmm, what is kl? :)

(If possible you should also exclude the c:\program files\kaspersky lab folder and the kl* drivers in system32) maam What is kl*? and what do you mean, I exclude c:\program files\kaspersky lab folder and the kl* drivers in system32 or Include?

(If possible you should also exclude the c:\program files\kaspersky lab folder and the kl* drivers in system32) maam What is kl*? and what do you mean, I exclude c:\program files\kaspersky lab folder and the kl* drivers in system32 or Include?

kaspersky drivers are named like klflt.sys,klif.sys etc in system32\drivers folder so you should exclude them too.

hi Sir/Maam, i'm trying adding the whole folder of kaspersky lab inside the C:\Program Data to the exclusion of shadow defender. then after update of the antivirus then i restart the laptop, then when open the laptop, the kav it's says . database obsolate, file antivirus error, mail antivirus error, web antivirus error, IM antivirus error,,,, what should i do? huhuhuh help :(

What about the other folders? What about the registry? -> the fact you excluded the files doesn't also save environment items stored in the registry? Does shadow defender allow for registry exclusions?

i have not included the other folder, registry, etc.. hehe..it is necessary to add other folder and registry? yup shadow defender can add registry, etc

Edited by wrenmick07

Follow these step may helps:

+ Open Shadow Defender main window

+ Click Exclusion List

+ Now click Add Folder and add

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

and

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab

to exclusion (do similar steps on x64 system).

hi, It works? please rply,,

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.