abhiramvikrant

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 not working with Windows 8 Pro

3 posts in this topic

Hi KIS Team,

Recently I've upgraded OS from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 8 pro( MSDN) and after the upgrade Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 stopped working. I still have 160 days left for license renewal and I badly need KIS to work and don't want any other security app. Please advise.

Regards,

Vikrant.

Welcome. Your W8 is RTM, correct? Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic. Your GSI report will tell us what the full build number of your Kaspersky 2013 is.

Also, when you upgrade your OS in-place/on-top, you should uninstall your Kaspersky first, then upgrade your OS, then re-install Kaspersky. Go ahead and un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > install Kaspersky 2013 13.0.1.4190 > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

Download links for 2013 13.0.1.4190 are located in the first and third Important topics.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Welcome. Your W8 is RTM, correct? Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic. Your GSI report will tell us what the full build number of your Kaspersky 2013 is.

Also, when you upgrade your OS in-place/on-top, you should uninstall your Kaspersky first, then upgrade your OS, then re-install Kaspersky. Go ahead and un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > install Kaspersky 2013 13.0.1.4190 > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

Download links for 2013 13.0.1.4190 are located in the first and third Important topics.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Hi richbuff,

I followed the instructions which you posted and guess what..............it works! It works like a charm! Thanks a lot for the fix richbuff! :bravo: :bravo:

Regards,

Vikrant