Sign in to follow this  
i_am_prey

Is Updater current for Internet Security 2013 13.0.1.4190?

OS Windows 7 64x

The Helps are out of date for KU GUI 2012 (2.3.2.147) and interface picks for 32/64 bit applications are disabled. So I am wondering if Updater is fully functional for IS2013 13.0.1.4190.

In other words, the newest updater is KU GUI 2012 (2.3.2.147) and there is no KU GUI 2013.

So my first question: KU 2.3.2.147 supports KIS 13.0.0.3370, but does it support KIS 13.0.1.4190?

The application filter choices used to include "32 bit application", "64 bit application", and "32 and 64 bit applications" but these are still on the list but menu picks are disabled.

So my second question: Are 64 bit applications on my computer covered by Updater 2.3.2.147 and KIS 2013 13.0.1.4190?

Thanks, JS

The latest of version of the Update utility is 2.3.2.147. It supports KIS 13.0.0.3370, probably there will be a new version to support 13.0.1.4190.

But I think basically the utility should work for 13.0.1.4190 as well. The problem with it is: if you enable filtering by application then you will get only the hotfixes (updated program modules) for 13.0.0.3370 and not for 13.0.1.4190. At the moment there is no hotfix for 13.0.1.4190 though.

You could fix that yourself by doing all your configuration and manually editing ss_storage.ini afterwards. Find the line starting with "application=" in section "Retranslation", there replace "KIS 13.0.0.*" with "KIS 13.0.1.*". Then initiate the downloading of updates.

While being fully compatible with 64 bit systems, KIS itself is a 32 bit application. So you can enable filtering by architecture, choose 64 bit for the operating system and leave the application architecture at 32 bit.

I think we are talking about different Kaspersky updater. There are 2 versions available.

This section is for Update Utility 2 and this version doesn´t support KIS2013 in the moment.

The section for Update Utility is here. JanRei is talking about this version 2.3.2.147.

Edited by Helmut

No, I think the questions clearly refer to same utility as I do and the topic is just in the wrong forum section.

EDIT: Rephrased post, sorry.

Edited by JanRei

The latest of version of the Update utility is 2.3.2.147. It supports KIS 13.0.0.3370, probably there will be a new version to support 13.0.1.4190.

New version 2.3.2.150 released today supports KAV/KIS 13.0.1.4190, no workaround required anymore.

Edited by JanRei

New version 2.3.2.150 released today supports KAV/KIS 13.0.1.4190, no workaround required anymore.

Hi

I haven't installed the updater yet, as I have some questions first. I have read the knowledge base section related to the updater but some things are unclear to me (sorry if it's there and I'm not seeing the answers).

1. Using the update utility, can KIS13 updates be saved on an external storage device, such as a flash drive, so they can be installed e.g. when the HDD is wiped?

2. Can the utility be set to update automatically (saving updates onto the external drive) as updates are released, as KIS13 does?

3. Can the update utility be set to then automatically update KIS13, thereby enabling KIS13 to keep up to date as updates are released?

Thanks.

Edited by Just Wondering

1. By default, downloaded updates are stored in the subfolder "Updates" next to the utility. You can choose a different location in settings.

2. You can start the downloading manually or you can define a schedule for it.

3. In settings you should find an option to update installed products after the updates have been downloaded. I think it also works with scheduled downloads.

By the way, in case you did not use utility before you can use KLUpdater.zip. Simply extract the files and start KasperskyUpdater.exe.

1. By default, downloaded updates are stored in the subfolder "Updates" next to the utility. You can choose a different location in settings.

2. You can start the downloading manually or you can define a schedule for it.

3. In settings you should find an option to update installed products after the updates have been downloaded. I think it also works with scheduled downloads.

By the way, in case you did not use utility before you can use KLUpdater.zip. Simply extract the files and start KasperskyUpdater.exe.

Ok, thanks for the info and the link.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.