I have noticed that over the last couple of weeks the number of signitiures that are listed in KAV has been decreasing. A couple of weeks ago they were at 98XXXXX. Today they went from 92XXXXX and when I just updated they showed 91XXXXX. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this and if so, does anyone have an explanation why they are decreasing in number?

Hello,

K-Lab is always trying to improve the quality and reduce the size of antivirus databases.

In addition to the above, if Kaspersky can replace definitions 10 variants of "TrojanX" - "TrojanX.a", "TrojanX.b","TrojanX.c" - and so on, with one defintion - "TrojanX" plain and simple - which covers all variants, the number of definitions will decrease, but protection will stay the same, and the size of downloads for the definitions will decrease = win.

i just installed KIS 2013 on my windows 7 machine and noticed there were around 6 million signatures. on my windows xp machine with KIS 2012, i noticed there were 9 million signatures.

how come KIS 2012 has 9 million signatures but KIS 2013 has 6 million?

-edit-

did a search and got some info:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;hl=signatures

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/setti...e?qid=208283925

9 million down to 6 million, optimization then? just wanna check to make sure nothing went wrong with the install.

Edited by dddannn

Merged. Optimization. Nothing went wrong. :)

You can use the Add Reply button to reply to the same, current item, to get a confirmation. :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.