usmc4usa

Page Faults

I am using PURE 2.0 12.0.1.288 (a.c) my systems current "Up Time" is 2 Days 23 Hrs 38 Minutes and in that period of time AVP.EXE has had 468,990,154 Page Faults with 9 Hours 48 Minutes of CPU Time. AVP.EXE's Page Faults Per Interval is bouncing around from 32 to 97. I don't know why it would be doing anything at this moment since I'm only writing this forum message. AVP.exe's Memory (working set) is 131,068K with a Memory (commit size) of 315,336K then there's 105 threads, 2302 handles.

I know it's a hard working program, but the above spec's seem more like it's managing Lotto ticket drawings rather than virus protection.

I am quit concerned because the highest number of Page Faults of all other programs is 3,690,740

My system is Pentium D @ 3.01Ghz with 2.75GB memory and 400+ GB free hard drive space. I do defrag regularly.

What is an acceptable number of page faults?

The word "fault" makes it sound like some kind of error, but that is not the case at all with page faults. :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.