Pint

PURE and W8? Not yet. Windows 8 is not yet released to the public.

With the final version of Windows 8 being release to Microsoft Technet subscribers on 15 August 2012, will there be a Kaspersky product released on the same day to support this operating system (Just over 1 day from today and nothing on the Kaspersky site yet)

Hello

No. It will be available when the end user can purchase it, so, October!

TechNet is not for end users, but developers. That's why it is available on technet, to let developers have it before end-users, to have windows 8 (RTM) capable apps from day one of the end-user availability.

Thanks for the outdated info but very strange that this appeared on your website ~~Removed link to old beta build.

Edited by Baz^^

Hello

No.

When it's ready (there are still exactly two months until windows 8 is released to the public btw).

Will my key give me access to the new version of PURE when it comes out so I can use the new software with windows 8?

QUOTE(Jake B @ 26.08.2012 15:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will my key give me access to the new version of PURE when it comes out so I can use the new software with windows 8?

Our family are long time KIS users. While out today I picked up Pure 2.0 at a very good price. So I have a similar question i.e. when the new version of Pure is released will the license I possess because of today's purchase of 2.0 (3 PCs for 1 year) allow me to upgrade to the new version under the same conditions ie 1 year for 3 PCs?

The license is good for 1 year, 3 PC no matter what version you have. Your license will allow a free upgrade to new version for the time remaining on your current license validity period.

So if you activate today and then 6 months from now a new version comes available, then you can upgrade for the remaining 6 months of your license period.

So if you activate today and then 6 months from now a new version comes available, then you can upgrade for the remaining 6 months of your license period.

Well our current KIS 2012 has approximately 60 days remaining on the license so when these 60 days go by I will at that time install our just bought Pure 2.0 and take advantage of the very likely updated Pure at that time (October) and so get a full year of protection of the new edition Pure from that date.

When you update you won't get a full year, only the time remaining on the new license you will activate in October. So If new version becomes available in December, then you could upgrade to that new version until your license expires approx. 10 months from that date. FYI, not sure when a new version of PURE will be available but probably not likely in October.

So do as you plan, install your newly purchase PURE 2.0 when your license expires in 60 days.

Also, if you currently have something other that PURE 2.0 now, you could upgrade to PURE 2.0 now on your existing code and then in 60 days, just input the new activation code.

Edited by rudger79

FYI, not sure when a new version of PURE will be available but probably not likely in October.

But I see that KIS/KAV 2013 is available for sale/download now. Would it not be the case that the current Pure will incorporate the KIS 2013 right away?

Also, if you currently have something other that PURE 2.0 now, you could upgrade to PURE 2.0 now on your existing code and then in 60 days, just input the new activation code.

That is a good idea. Thank you.

Would it not be the case that the current Pure will incorporate the KIS 2013 right away?
No. :)

History shows that KIS and PURE development are pi radians out of phase with each other. That is, new KIS first; then around six months later, new PURE. The former around late summer, the latter in late winter.

This cycle is different, because W8 is anticipated in late October. So, figure late October for the new PURE at the earliest, and around late winter at the latest. More "When?"-type of information will be released to the humble and the meek in the fulness of time.

Stay tuned!

That is a good idea. Thank you.
Also, I should mention that I assume you already have some version of PURE already installed. If you have another Kaspersky product, then that won't work and you will have to wait until license expiration to install PURE 2.0. Edited by rudger79

Also, I should mention that I assume you already have some version of PURE already installed. If you have another Kaspersky product, then that won't work and you will have to wait until license expiration to install PURE 2.0.

And that is my situation ie only KIS 2012 installed on 3 machines.

PURE 2.0 (3 PC) is currently available for a superb price. I thought by buying this product at this time , even though I am protected for another 2 months, would soon get me the AV capabilities of the Kaspersky 2013 but it appears not.

AV capabilities of the Kaspersky 2013 but it appears not.
Yeah, that is correct. However, you can upgrade to KIS 2013 for a couple of months and see how you like that until your license expires.

hi i have windows 8 64bit i install kaspersky pure 2.0 and non of my Metro apps launching all get block some how by kaspersky pure 2 its not compatible with windows 8 when i uninstall Pure my metro apps working fine. just want to know when kaspersky will update Pure so it can work with windows 8???

Dear all,

I tried couple of options but no matter what I can't seem to have pure working properly on windows 8 RTM.

The scanning, firewall seems to work properly.

But after the installation I cannot start anymore any Metro.

Am I the only one to face this issue?

I have uninstalled it and I will wait for an official Pure release for windows 8. I hope it is not going to take to long...

Alex

Edited by richbuff
Merged. Please scroll up to view the solution.

New PURE 2.0 CF2 for Windows 8 will be released before the start of sales of Windows 8 (October 26)

Is the approximate date of release already known, e.g. sometime this month or the next ?

Thanks

Edited by Gljiva

Is the approximate date of release already known, e.g. sometime this month or the next ?

Thanks

Yes, the approximate date is in the post right above your own...................there is no more dates, count with october as the most accurate.

Iv tried everything going to get Pure to install on windows 8 but i use get compatibility issue's and then it stops....Ran for windows 7, xp and no joy.

Have you guys got a way around this ?

Man thanks in advance

Andy

Edited by richbuff
Merged. Please scroll up to view the solution.

Window8 final is now available to MSDN Subscribers.

Acording to the supported OS's listed on the PURE Website, PURE now supports

Windows 8.

However, the same old Problem still exists.

After installing PURE Build 12.0.1.288, most Metro Apps do not start and end after Timing out.

Windows 8 is not released yet and PURE is not compatible with windows 8 at all.

Hi,

Exact only the versions 2013 of KIS/KAV are full compatible with W8. In the next version of PURE will support W8.

Best regards.

True and False. WIN8 is released to MSN Subscribers and according to

http://www.kaspersky.com/pure under System Requirements PURE supports WIN 8.

Has the PURE web page beern updated to early?