Sign in to follow this  
Kariput

How to disable "update to new version" notification in Pure R2?

Regulars on this forum know that I have switched back to Pure R2 because of the issues I encountered with ImPure 2.0. I have not had any problems at all with Pure R2. However, now I am getting a periodic notification that I can upgrade to Pure 2.0. The notifier adds a blinking Kaspersky icon to my system tray which when clicked opens a small window giving me the option to upgrade or dismiss the window. There is not an option to not show the message again, so after an hour or so the blinking Kaspersky icon reappears in the system tray.

I have looked at the settings and don't really see anything that would address this. I would like to set it so that I do not receive the notification at all. Failing that, I would like to disable the blinking feature of the icon; that is really annoying. It is not annoying enough to drive me back to ImPure 2.0 so that is not something I will consider.

Thanks for any suggestions.

"Thanks for any suggestions." I have two.

1. The product is Pure 2.0. Please consider not punning the product name. It is more professional to report the issue without resorting to negatively impacting the product name.

2. Settings > cardboard box icon > Appearance > uncheck Enable News Notifications >Apply>ok.

"Thanks for any suggestions." I have two.

1. The product is Pure 2.0. Please consider not punning the product name. It is more professional to report the issue without resorting to negatively impacting the product name.

2. Settings > cardboard box icon > Appearance > uncheck Enable News Notifications >Apply>ok.

Thanks Rich, that seems to have taken care of that minor annoyance.

If it makes everybody feel better I'll stick with calling the product Pure 2.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.