JohnH2O

The dreadful License issues, protection is disabled

Suddenly, today the bad behavior was back.

post-134351-1341663893_thumb.jpg

"You are advised to update the databases again", but PURE denied to update.

Fortunately I noticed I had to scroll down.

post-134351-1341663917_thumb.jpg

I was sure that the new activation code should start to work without any interruption?

After a restart of PURE, the app was running again.

post-134351-1341663932_thumb.jpg

IMO: This was not a user-friendly solution,KL.

Sigh, that is discouraging indeed. It makes me glad that I have continued to use Pure 1. I was afraid the ImPure 2 "fix" was not going to be a stable solution.

My license is good for another 1.25 year. I think I will just stick with Pure 1 and not upgrade until Pure 3 is available. I consider ImPure 2 a horrible failure on the part of KL.

Really?

One item posted in the past few weeks, out of gazillions of users. If this were a happening issue, this forum would be flooded.

Clean install the new version, scroll down > click a button and be happy. :)

Sigh, that is discouraging indeed. It makes me glad that I have continued to use Pure 1. I was afraid the ImPure 2 "fix" was not going to be a stable solution.

My license is good for another 1.25 year. I think I will just stick with Pure 1 and not upgrade until Pure 3 is available. I consider ImPure 2 a horrible failure on the part of KL.

No,Kariput; this is NOT the same issue as before the patch C.

As richbuff said, I think the forum would be flooded if patch C did not resolve the license issue.

Sorry, it is my fault, to read my story completely, you have to read the text in conjunction with the three screenshots. My topic is "viewed" 66 times, the three screenshots are (at the moment) opened 24/7/4 times.

To be more precise: I have two computers running PURE, the expiration date is different. 4 weeks ago I had to renew my license on the XP computer. A couple of days later, I activated the new license on my W7 computer. As far as I can recall, I got a message telling me that the current license should still be active, the new license should automatically change status when needed.

Then I forgot the activation issue until I suddenly had this dreadful message. I ASSUME THIS IS CAUSED BY THE EXPIRATION OF THE OLD LICENSE. I had to manually activate the new license after PURE's meaningless “protection is disabled”.

The new key should automatically turn into active status when the old one expired. (That is what I meant with “not a user-friendly solution, KL”.)

I am sorry I misleaded you, Kariput (and others?). I indeed recommend to upgrade to PURE 2.0 (I am astonished to see that KL has not updated the installer package to include patch C. You have to install the “old” release and then update the db to install patch C. In the meantime you might experience “the old license issue”. I know this is “normal”, but in this case I think KL should have updated the installer package.)

I see, John, thanks for the clarification. My reluctance to switch back to Pure 2 stems from the serious and frequent difficulties I had with it under the original "license invalid" flaw. I don't like to think about the many hours I wasted doing clean installs and updates only to have the product fail time after time. So I'm still a little gun shy about patch C, especially with Pure 1 working flawlessly since I reverted to it.

I too have experienced the same event two times.

for the first restart only with pure 2.0 problems resolved, but for the latter problem may update the database is not perfect, of course I'm sure I update it to finish by looking at the report, when I try to use the file update from PURE 2.0 to KAV on other computers , similar problems occur.

I also update the database again, the issue finally resolved.

Edited by Erwinky

Yep this issue is back.

I never really had a problem with it apart from when I first tried to install about 3 months ago. All has been working well but 3 times in the last 15 minutes I've had the warning that my licence is invalid etc.

I'm in the middle of downloading some large files so I can't uninstall, reboot, reinstall etc

The best I can do is switch KP2 off then back on again. That seems to temporarily fix the issue for 5 minutes until it starts again.

I am sorely tempted to go back to Norton now.

I started this topic after having the “Protection is disabled” issue caused by the expiration of the active license key. The detailed description of the 'error' was: “Cannot verify correspondence of databases to the end user license agreement.”

So far I have not told that I four days later (at 11.07.2012) had a new license issue. This time with the messages “Previous application launch failed” and “Application is not activated”. PURE asked me to send dump files to KL

post-134351-1342498713_thumb.jpg

I reported (12.07.2012) the event to Tech Support (request #313995041), I added all the information I was able to give. So far, no response.

Later on have I noticed that the Event Viewer has this entry at the time of the crash:

Error 11.07.2012 21:03:21 Application Error 1000 (100)

Faulting application name: avp.exe, versjon: 12.0.1.288, time stamp: 0x4ef5876a

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, versjon: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b90

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002e3be

Faulting process id: 0x734

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd5f937fd94d74

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky PURE 2.0\avp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 147fdeb4-cb8b-11e1-ad78-d48564994e76

It is hard to admit, but Russ Burt seems to be right: “Yep this issue is back.” Also reported by Erwinky and tcblack (the topic 'License Issues').

What now, Petr Filippov and Tech Support? I should wish a more open-minded and helpful dialogue with the users.

So far I have not told that I four days later (at 11.07.2012) had a new license issue. This time with the messages “Previous application launch failed” and “Application is not activated”. PURE asked me to send dump files to KL

I reported (12.07.2012) the event to Tech Support (request #313995041), I added all the information I was able to give. So far, no response.

Today I received this answer: “Please send us traces covering the issue : http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208285677

As well as product dumps if they are still created.”

I am unable to activate the trace log today (15.08.2012) to trace the events at 11.07.2012.

In my support ticket 12.07.2012 I wrote: “ I was asked to upload dump files to your server, performed at 21:08 local time.”

Additionally I have submitted one of the dump files to Petr Filippov because he asked me to do so (much appreciated).

There must be some barriers. I don't think it is language barriers.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.