Sign in to follow this  
ram29jackson

HEUR.Trojan.Script.Generic was blocked but...

Ok so,

the Heur Trojan script generic was blocked.

actually it happened in 2 places to me in a couple days but was made inactive.

one of the times it happened when i was trying to go to my photobucket account

by my kaspersky.

My question is when a trojan is detected and made inactive...does that mean its always at that site that I clicked on or is it now gone and I can go to my photobucket later or do I have to wait for photobucket to one day get rid of it ?

do you understand the question ?

does being made inactive get rid of the trojan from the place I clicked on or is it still there waiting for me to go there again?

also, I believe I have the 59$ version of Kaspersky. is that effective against maleware and spyware or not ? or whats its limitations.

because I dont see those headings when I look at my settings and stuff?

Welcome. When you post on this forum, please count to 60, then refresh the page, before you slam the post button again umpteen times.

That was detected on a website and blocked. It never made it to your PC. The item does remain on the website.

Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Reports > Detailed Report > Detected threats.

Right click the Detected bar, and select Path. Right click the Detected bar again and select File.

Then post the screenshot with columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Please see: http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

Welcome. When you post on this forum, please count to 60, then refresh the page, before you slam the post button again umpteen times.

That was detected on a website and blocked. It never made it to your PC. The item does remain on the website.

Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Reports > Detailed Report > Detected threats.

Right click the Detected bar, and select Path. Right click the Detected bar again and select File.

Then post the screenshot with columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Please see: http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

what do you mean- the item remains on the website ?

forever? does it ever change ? how is it taken care of?

I cant not go to my photobucket LOL

how does that help me or you if I do that ?

also, what about my question about what my kaspersky takes care of in general and specifically?

sorry, I dont mean to come off as rude, just getting my questions up speedily :beer:

thanks for the help

edit: quote tags sted all bold.

Edited by richbuff

Hi, Just an fyi -

I've noticed for myself when visiting that particular site, enabling Anti-banner protection was a must. Those banner ads seemed to almost always provoke those alerts - but KIS would still catch them and block though, just as Richbuff mentioned that it seemed to have done.

But I noticed that when I enabled the anti-banner feature in Kaspersky, & in particular when viewing that website, it seemed to have help as well. Anitbanner protection is disabled I believe by default in the software. Just toggling it on, was all it took to block those unwanted ads that appear on that website.

The screenshot Richbuff mentioned would be helpful for them to double-check.

Click on Settings. Then on Anti-Banner (on the left). The next screen will allow you to enable or disable Anti-Banner.

post-197644-1341572230_thumb.jpg

Thank you

um, I dont have anti banner in my settings...and please be more specific how to post a picture here ? ive tried a couple different ways and not sure how? this is getting frustrating ... I dont have anti banner ? is there another way ?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.