jasonevans

Kaspersky 6.0.4.1611

Hi, we are running kaspersky anti virus 6.0 - version 6.0.4.1611.

We are using this on windows xp sp3 with office 2007

We have set up various exclusions for each application that we use, (main apps office 2007 sp3 and autonomy filesite / interwoven DMS plugin in outlook) but whenever either of the below happens the user's PC basically grinds to a complete hault and freezing occurs as well as hanging of applications, particulary office apps when switching from outlook to word or the other way around:

1. Kaspersky is updating

2. kaspersky is peforming a scan

When this happens, if you disable kaspersky, or exit it the problem goes away so it is definately kaspersky causing it

The print screen shows the protection levels running at present

post-420671-1340897160_thumb.jpg

Edited by speechlys

Speechlys, could you give us the detailed hardware of you workstations ? GSI mentions Pentium 3 which is a fairly old processor. Also gives us the amount of RAM, i've only seen this kind of problems on very old hardware.

Also 6.0.4.1611 is still fully supported, you do not have to migrate yet :)

Speechlys, could you give us the detailed hardware of you workstations ? GSI mentions Pentium 3 which is a fairly old processor. Also gives us the amount of RAM, i've only seen this kind of problems on very old hardware.

Also 6.0.4.1611 is still fully supported, you do not have to migrate yet :)

desktops are all core 2 duo's - with 2GB of ram and new 32GB solid state drives

but it even does it on core i5 processors with 4gb of ram so its not hardware

not sure where its getting pentium 3 from, my machine is what i run the GSI on and it is an core I5 !!

Edited by speechlys

Please update to the most recent version.

client and server or just client ???

Jesus, no! KES8 is much slower than Wks6.

client and server or just client ???

Jesus, no! KES8 is much slower than Wks6.

In my experiance, KES8 will run faster (even though it has a bigger footprint) because of the way we interact with OS's and certain tasks. It also depends what protection you have enabled. If you have all of the features within KES8 enabled of course it will be a little slower in some cases because it is doing so much. But that is all how you set it up.

desktops are all core 2 duo's - with 2GB of ram and new 32GB solid state drives

but it even does it on core i5 processors with 4gb of ram so its not hardware

not sure where its getting pentium 3 from, my machine is what i run the GSI on and it is an core I5 !!

Yes my mistake, i just did a superfast reading of the GSI and didn't get the processor model right.

Apart from the fact that installing XP on this kind of hardware is totally countproductive (but i guess it isn't your choice), i cannot pinpoint it yet as the source of the problem.

Did you install the NDIS driver with the client ?

Did you check for any driver update ? (especially on the SSD side, XP doesn't support them natively).

Hope this helps.

Edited by Testeur09

Yes my mistake, i just did a superfast reading of the GSI and didn't get the processor model right.

Apart from the fact that installing XP on this kind of hardware is totally countproductive (but i guess it isn't your choice), i cannot pinpoint it yet as the source of the problem.

Did you install the NDIS driver with the client ?

Did you check for any driver update ? (especially on the SSD side, XP doesn't support them natively).

Hope this helps.

Yes NDIS is installed with the client! maybe ill try turning it off temporary?

No drivers for the SSD windows doesnt ask for any for it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.