winbug

KES 831 is updated but showing outdated

Hello any body had this look at the pic it is updated and showing outdated i did a reboot nothing ,on admin kit only showing unprocessed objects and not telling me it is not outdated as it shown on user pc

post-144609-1340712751_thumb.jpg

Hi!

Please try running an update on the Security Center side, and then force an update from the client side.

Please let me know if that works or not.

Hi!

Please try running an update on the Security Center side, and then force an update from the client side.

Please let me know if that works or not.

i did this yesterday on security center and run task 3 times on client nothing changed, today also did this after reboot for client

Edited by WinBug

Can you please make sure that your system time and date are set correctly? I have seen a lot of these errors coming from that issue alone. People might not realize that their time/date settings are off.

Can you please make sure that your system time and date are set correctly? I have seen a lot of these errors coming from that issue alone. People might not realize that their time/date settings are off.
hehe i checked this also the first thing i did any ideas

Ok. Two more things to do. First, make sure that your BIOS date is set correctly as that can also effect this issue.

The other thing is to enable the Animated Taskbar Icon (please don't ask me what this has to do with the problem, it just does):

post-420198-1340724596_thumb.png

Ok. Two more things to do. First, make sure that your BIOS date is set correctly as that can also effect this issue.

The other thing is to enable the Animated Taskbar Icon (please don't ask me what this has to do with the problem, it just does):

post-420198-1340724596_thumb.png

i checked the system date at bios nothing time and year no changes , and for the animated task bar already configured in my policy

post-144609-1340725505_thumb.jpg

Ok, we are making progress by ruling out potential problems.

A few more things to try...

First, make sure that proxy usage for updating is UNCHECKED:

post-420198-1340726196_thumb.pngpost-420198-1340726199_thumb.png

Second, please send me the reports of your update:

post-420198-1340726203_thumb.pngpost-420198-1340726206_thumb.png

Ok thank you for sending me your reports. Everything looks OK. The next step to take here is to re-install the network agent.

Dellion, some users report Kaspersky connector not installing correctly and causing similar problems, do you have any info on this ?

Yes and no. A connector is a module providing a connection between Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows and Kaspersky Security Center 9 Network agent installed on a single host. These two components can be installed in any order. I haven't heard anything about users not being able to correctly install this. This also only applies to LOCAL installs, and it will give you an option to include it or not (it IS included by default). If you install Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows via Kaspersky Security Center 9, the Connector is installed automatically, and is not included in the installation package components list.

Just to make sure, check this: If the Connector is installed, there is a AVPCon.dll file inside the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows installation folder.

Ah sorry bad question - i do know what a connector is, but after incidents similar to those, troubleshooting showed connector not installed (agent and client were OK). It's the first time i see issues like this, so i wondered if our support team also saw something like this.

Ah sorry bad question - i do know what a connector is, but after incidents similar to those, troubleshooting showed connector not installed (agent and client were OK). It's the first time i see issues like this, so i wondered if our support team also saw something like this.

That's OK. I recommended the Network Agent re-install for this purpose; to make sure that everything it needs is there. Thanks!

Ok thank you for sending me your reports. Everything looks OK. The next step to take here is to re-install the network agent.

i uninstalled the net agent by a task and installed it by a task and forced update task on kit then lunched update on the PC that have the problem nothing changed problem persists

Dear all.

I have adminkit KSC updated.

and all computer are updated but same computer which has KSC client doesn't update.

Date and time correct.

I tried to update from direct internet but updated same file 8 MB and database are out of date.

Thank you

i uninstalled the net agent by a task and installed it by a task and forced update task on kit then lunched update on the PC that have the problem nothing changed problem persists

problem is solved after removing app and installing it agian <_<

Does anyone have a solution to this, other than reinstalling KES?

What a joke. I am reinstalling about 5 clients a week in my 300 computer environment. This app is not ready for primetime.

Bump... no solution till yet from Kaspersky?

I don't want to explain my boss why I must reinstall Kaspersky to 20 computers.

Wow I only have One Thousand Three Hundred and Twenty Six yes 1,326 machines to go through.. I'm filling out my resume... unfortunately there is NO ONE looking for old Kaspersky AV techs.. They are however hiring for Kaspersky removal experts :rolleyes:

Wow I only have One Thousand Three Hundred and Twenty Six yes 1,326 machines to go through.. I'm filling out my resume... unfortunately there is NO ONE looking for old Kaspersky AV techs.. They are however hiring for Kaspersky removal experts :rolleyes:

i will open a case with kaspersky this is the second time after getting rid from the outdated message by uninstalling and then reinstalling the app that was a temporary solution but it have appeared again at the same PC ,i will keep with you guys in touch

Out of curiosity, and something that may be involved with this issue, did anybody experiencing these issues install KES8 over KES6? In any sort of testing I've done, everything from a complete upgrade (Leaving both KES6 and Netagent on the pc) to removing everything but the netagent resulted in failures in KES8, either by not being able to update, pieces of the application not starting, or even the occasional BSOD at login. Uninstalling everything with the Kaspersky application remover and then doing a complete reinstall has finally yielded a stable installation for me.

I have the same problem. One of my clients insisted to go with a Kaspersky server package and it seems like its inconsistent in the windows based network enviroment. Ive had issues were clients computers do not update and read the same message saying the databases are obsolete.

Will there ever be a fix?

My clients that I run Symantec Endpoint 11 server dont seem to ever have a problem.

I hate to say this but the Kaspersky isnt efficient from a productive point of view. It cost too many labor hours to maintain for the simplest things. :blink:

Stephen

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.