Sign in to follow this  
Arrow5

Antibanner Heuristic Analysis Question

Hello, Question regarding antibanner in KIS 2012

(Using Win XP SP3, Home desktop, IE7 with KIS 2012 freshly upgraded from KIS 2010.)

I enjoy the antibanner feature of past versions, so knew to enable that since it is disabled by default.

In hotmail I've been noticing lately, there have been a few ad banners appearing on the right - where KIS used to block those. Maybe new crop of banner ads bypassing the lists? I noticed this as well appearing just recently with KIS2010 too.

I right clicked on them and they are flash ads for hotmail features or other MS ads. (One however was a presidental political ad), I can stop the play with right click, but no allowance to right click and add to antibanner list.) One hotmail feature ad was not a flash ad, and I was able to add it to antibanner list however. Not a lot of them by any means, just annoying really.

Read something about Antibanner Heuristic Analysis in the KIS 2012 online manual and thought that might help if I ticked that feature on. Just wanted to confirm this.

Thanks as always.

"...thought that might help if I ticked that feature on."

Go for it, and let us know if you see any difference in functionality.

Please don't forget to clear browser cache and reboot after you make any changes to Anti Banner settings.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.