Hello all,

Using Windows XP Home SP3, IE7.

Compaq Presario Desktop.

Physical Memory 1024 MB, Avail 475.86 MB (just checked this).

Just renewed & upgraded to KIS 2012 from 2010. Wasn't sure if this would work to well for me since it was pointed out to me on here a while back that my RAM was on the low side -- but all went very well with process. Great how-to's on this board have always helped. Also the user manual for KIS 2012 online is easier to comprehend for a typical home user than in years past from what I've found, and I apprecated that greatly!

Full scans in KIS2010 would always take 4 hours for me. After Clean install & database updates, ran scan and it took only 2 hours. Very pleased with interface and function so far. No hang-ups with speed of applications or internet so far. All quite smooth.

Question --

My Kaspersky Account area at the bottom of main screen ---

Do I need to create one again for this version? I tried to log in existing area - using email address & used the forgot password feature - but it did not recognize me. Makes me think I need to create one all over for this new version ?

Thanks as always!

Arrow

You should not have to create a new account if you already have an "My Kaspersky Account" and nothing towards your account has changed. You will however need to use the same email address you used when you first set up your account. If that has changed, then you will need to set up a new account.

Also, back a few years, it was called "Personal Cabinet" which was replaced by My Kaspersky so if that was the case, then create an My Kaspersky account.

Edited by rudger79

Yep, that was it - filing cabinet thing from while back. Just created an account, thanks again.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.