• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
kasfan

Application Startup Control - Want to block 'everyone' except some users, how to do?

kasfan   

Hello,

I am trying to define a Application Startup Control policy that will deny everyone access to the web browser except some users I specify.

I specify for example my user as the allowed users list

I specify 'everyone' as the blocked users list.

Then I to launch firefox and i get blocked even though I'm on the allowed list :huh:

Please help

/me

post-87991-1339929438_thumb.png

kkirill   

Hi kasfan,

I can be wrong, but it looks like "denied permission" is always higher than "granted permission". In this case you must not use EVERYONE for denied rule when granted rule has a particular group

aze_110   
Hello,

I am trying to define a Application Startup Control policy that will deny everyone access to the web browser except some users I specify.

I specify for example my user as the allowed users list

I specify 'everyone' as the blocked users list.

Then I to launch firefox and i get blocked even though I'm on the allowed list :huh:

Please help

/me

Hi kasfan,

Just Add the users/groups in "Users/Groups that are granted a permission" which users/groups you want to use that application and blank the option "Users/Group that are denied permission". So your that User/Groups run the applications which you mentioned in granted permission and all other Users/groups are denied.

kasfan   
Hi kasfan,

Just Add the users/groups in "Users/Groups that are granted a permission" which users/groups you want to use that application and blank the option "Users/Group that are denied permission". So your that User/Groups run the applications which you mentioned in granted permission and all other Users/groups are denied.

Thanks! it works! :)