JohnH2O

Kavremover.exe

select All Known Products after whatever products are shown first. Please confirm that was selected and ran.

I need to know All Known Products was seleted and ran in Kaspersky Removal Tool.

I do not want to hijack Houstonguy's topic, so I open a new one.

I am aware that the moderators always say “run Kavremover twice” and select “All known products”. As I said in the other thread, with ver 1.0.213 “PURE/CRYSTAL” was the only available option, no matter how many runs I performed. But the removal tool worked. Previous versions of Kavremover gave me the “All known products” at the second run.

In case I should have to run the removal tool in the future, I should like to know: “Is it important to run the tool with 'All known products'?

Today's version of Kavremover.exe is 1.0.229.0, maybe the behavior has changed?

In case I should have to run the removal tool in the future, I should like to know: “Is it important to run the tool with 'All known products'?

No, it's as simple as that. First of all the tool is a last resort in case the normal uninstall/reboot via Add/remove.....products & features in W7 does not work. All moderator advices are for that specific situation many times simply a workaround for a situation were things aren't working as intended.

In case one would like to remove Kaspersky "completely" lets say if you were to go with another vendor, then you should still do the normal uninstall/reboot and after that maybe run the tool to make sure drivers are gone. However 99% of times it's not needed. There's nothing wrong with running the tool if you want a "smooth as a baby's bottom" uninstall every time, but IME always uninstall normally/reboot & only then use the tool. But the intended use of the tool was for those instances where everything had gone wrong and the normal uninstall does not work.......in those cases running the tool from safe mode may even be needed.

If you keep a clean Windows install then you will never have to use the tool if you simply go from one version to the other (2010 to 2011 or 12 of course). IME the tool is only been needed because many users have a Windows install ranging from slightly messed up ...only enough for the normal user to think that this is normal "just Windows being Windows" to seriously messed up and the users having fought this mess for a while because a reformat/reinstall is too daunting. The bottom line is that in those situation you cannot program you way around a messed up Windows install.....most of the times because users have "tinfoil hat moments" and tried every AV under the sun or have too many security applications installed.

I asked: “Is it important to run the tool with 'All known products'?”

No, it's as simple as that.

Thanks for an extraordinary rich answer; you first sentence is a clear answer to my question.

Yes, I know an ordinary CP uninstall, is the way we should go. The problem is that the uninstall procedure hangs on my computer during uninstallation of a driver from KL's subsidiary. I have reformatted the drive and reinstalled Windows 7 Pro with SP1, but still the uninstall program is unable to do it's task. My Windows environment can hardly be messed up; maybe we should accuse Compaq/HP for the problems.....?

I have no idea why some of us (I am not the only one) experience the remove driver problem. I know you have a memory like an elephant, DP, so I am sure you remember that I had huge uninstall problems last year. Neither the Install Shield/uninstall nor the official removal tool was able to do it's job. Thanks to Whizard who helped me with an unpublished version of the Kleaner. Later on the web is updated with newer versions. As already said, v. 1.0.213 never gave me the option “All known products”, but the removal was successful and I could perform a clean install of the new version of PURE.

I had to reinstall PURE 2.0 again (due to help link problems).

Maybe it is useful to some other users; in any case my latest experiences are like this:

UNINSTALL

..., because the uninstall always hangs on “Remove drivers” on my computer

Still it is like that. The normal uninstall program (InstallShield prog through the Control Panel), does not work on my computer – Win7 Pro x64/AMD double core). The process hangs with the message “Remove drivers”, the active process is DrvInstaller.exe (InfoWatch CryptoStorage SDK driver installer) with a memory load of 50%; there is no disk activity caused by the running uninstall processes. I have to end the uninstall through Task Manager.

Today's version of Kavremover.exe is 1.0.229.0, maybe the behavior has changed?

Yes, the behavior has changed. This time I was running the fresh copy of Kavremover – v 1.0.229. Already at the first run (in normal Windows mode), I had the complete drop down menu with all the KL products option. At first run I selected “PURE 2.”, at the second run “All known products”. Both processes finished successfully.

After a reboot, PURE was still found in the CP/Uninstall Programs. If I start a new install at this stage, I should have the message like what Houstonguy experienced:

“Your computer already has another localization of a Kaspersky Lab application installed. Please uninstall it before installing Kaspersky PURE 2.0.”

Once again I tried the CP/Uninstall option in order to remove the uninstall entry, but this time Windows installer complained: “This action is only valid for installed products.”

Despite the normal uninstall try and the two runs with Kavremover, I had still several Kaspersky/PURE entries in the Registry (3 entries in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, 8 entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and 5 entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE). I manually deleted the CP/Uninstall entry and now I could start pure12.0.1.288en.exe.

INSTALL

But, this message was displayed: “There are still files in the program directory”. Manually deleted c:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\ with subfolder (no files!), now the installer was able to continue, but now I had error 1705 “Previous installation of this application is in progress. You must undo the changes made by the previous installation to continue. Do you want to undo the changes?” I selected <Yes>, and the installation continued. After completion, PURE 2.0 was loaded, "Collecting system data".

Still nothing happens when I click Help/Detail. I have found one single working help link, in the password manager. FWIW, as far as I know, Kaspersky Password Manager is a module (Sticky Password ) from Lamantine Software.

SUPPORT

Yes, I have opened a ticket at Tech Support. They reacted immediately, but so far I have not fully understood their brief response. They seems to be focused on running Kavremover twice in Safe Mode. The connection lines are still open.....

Puh, Kaspersky PURE is not the easiest application to install and uninstall. :be:

Yes, the behavior has changed. This time I was running the fresh copy of Kavremover – v 1.0.229. Already at the first run (in normal Windows mode), I had the complete drop down menu with all the KL products option. At first run I selected “PURE 2.”, at the second run “All known products”. Both processes finished successfully.

Puh, Kaspersky PURE is not the easiest application to install and uninstall. :be:

This is strange. Due to some PURE problems I tried to perform a clean re-install of PURE 2.0. Still I have to use KAVremover, but today this happened (booted in safe mode) with different versions of the removal tool:

v 1.0.229: Gives only one option (PURE 2.0/Crystal, also at the second run)

v 1.0.213: Gives only one option

v 1.0.208: Gives all options included 'All known products'

Still I have the other issues as last time:

After a reboot, PURE was still found in the CP/Uninstall Programs. If I start a new install at this stage, I should have the message “Your computer already has another localization of a Kaspersky Lab application installed. Please uninstall it before installing Kaspersky PURE 2.0.”

Manual clean-up of the registry is necessary.

:be: :be: and :be:

Yes, I have opened a ticket at Tech Support.

Today I received this answer: “Reply to customer: Thanks for sharing you thoughts and we appreciate you concerns regarding Pure.”

Edited by JohnH2O

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.