Gos

Discussion of KAV/KIS 13.0.0.3370

109 posts in this topic

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbui...13.0.0.3370(RC)

This build is the first release candidate.

This means that if the build will not have bugs that are critical for the release (technical and non-commercial!), it will be accepted as a technical release.

Because bugs noticeable, but not critical can be fixed in hot-fixes before the commercial release.

This is info for beginners, old men know what is the RC, what is the TR and hot fixes.

- Windows8 is not supported on this build.

Reason: before the official release Win8 we can not claim support for this OS.

In the near future it's planned to release of a version that does support Win8.

Edit: Product cannot be installed on Win8.

What we need to check first:

1) Hardware Keyboard Fail - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=236989

2) Any installation problems.

Regards.

The product support for Windows 8 will be added after it had been officially released. Therefore, what you do with Consumer/Release Preview is up to you.

KIS/KAV 2013 will support this OS in the upcoming MP1. KL would not support an unreleased versions of an OS, which is a moving target at this stage.

Edited by Whizard

Wait for the mirrors to complete the syncronizations.

Edited by Whizard

Maybe it's because KIS does not like my system at the moment (see recent crash reports). I have the impression start-up performance could be improved - especially the first start after installation. On my system it takes about two minutes until activation screen comes up and KIS is usable. During that time CPU usage is mostly 50% or above. Luckily, my CPU has two cores.

CPU activity of first start (GUI process on the left, system process on the right):

post-7141-1338560224_thumb.png

Edited by JanRei

On my system Kis3370RC is really fast and usable (several tasks running at once) unlike previous builds... good job!!

Having some high CPU usage as well, cpu usage for KIS is above 30% pretty much all the time, seen it a few times in the very high 20 as lowest.

Note this is the first beta client Im running on in a while so cant compare to older versions of the 2013 releases. Just installed Win 8 x64 Preview Release so tried this version instead of the KAV 2012 I had on my Win 7 machine which wouldnt install.

The install worked without any problems and I didnt realize that it was due to this version that my computer started running a bit more slowly until I checked the task manager and had it up for a long time, figured I would at least test this version how it worked but the high cpu usage isnt great for my computer so will see what I will do about it.

Very fast and stable build so far.

All earlier reported bugs has been solved.

- Safe Money - My bank homepage is now loading quickly from the first start (www.handelsbanken.se)

- Safe Money mode - Youtube videos are now played without Flash player crashing

- So far not unexpected crashes of KIS when the application is starting after a fresh system start. This has happened from time to time on earlier builds.

Will continue to test this build during the weekend end post her again when I find some errors.

Great build so far Kaspersky! Well done! :cb_punk:

Installed right now and no problems with the installation or with virtual keyboard.

Good job boys hope to see this product as a final.....

Regards to everyone

Compared to KIS12, it's taking up slightly move RAM at around 5-8mb, but I'm not having any issue on my Windows 7 x64. And online banking actually works this time.

Password protection does not protect program termination. "Exit the Application" option is checked.

Edited by Don Pelotas
Merged two posts

Chinese version, the kaspersky lab end user license agreement, no translation

post-403449-1338636490_thumb.jpg

Not open the parents of control, encrypted connection scanning, still will run, lead to the bank on the net operation failure, need not set scanning encrypted connection, just can run normally the bank on the net

post-403449-1338636851_thumb.jpg

post-403449-1338637368_thumb.jpg

For the bank on the net, agricultural bank of China

Win Vista Home Basic 32bit 2gb RAM

everything seems to be working fine in this version except that the progress bar which shows progress in % for scanning usb devices (quick scan of full scan ) seems to take about 10-15 seconds to appear on screen and some times when it does appear it wont be responding and will start responding after about 10seconds. this problem is common in windows vista operating systems. i'v also noticed this problem on windows 7 ultimate 32bit 2 gib RAM bt it happens once in a while.

Password protection does not protect program termination. "Exit the Application" option is checked.

I have checked this but it works fine.

Password is required for terminating the program

Win Vista home basic 32bit 2GB RAM ,Win 7 Proffessional 2gb Ram

KIS2013 seems to be slow at scanning setup files or installer files for softwares and compressed files. i have compered the scan speeds with previous version of KIS2011 AND KIS2012 and discovered that KIS2013 seems to be the slowest.

this build works fine on my windows 7 x32, very fast and stable :bravo:

I have checked this but it works fine.

Password is required for terminating the program

Ahh, it's working after a reboot.

seems to work fine and stable on W7 x32 all updates. i will try to stress VK

Safe money = Not working here on Windows 7 Premium Home 64 Bit

Besides that little " bug" everything works fine here .

Safe money = Not working here on Windows 7 Premium Home 64 Bit

Besides that little " bug" everything works fine here .

Please explain more. Attach screen shots, and traces.

Please explain more. Attach screen shots, and traces.

Just wanted to highlight the issue again :)

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...60&start=60

It`s not possible for me to deliver screenshots from the " Log on sites" ,sorry( Not allowed for security reasons ? )

Traces ?

My English is a bit rusty so I don`t quite understand how to.... according to the testing guide.

I will try again as I want to help.

I think it`s a big issue for all K.I.S users in Denmark related to " Nem-Id" Digital Signature"( please see link)

Edited by hepta

New findings

The bank on the net, and encrypted connection scanning, no relationship

The first run the bank on the net, operation will fail,

Will appear below

post-403449-1338697670_thumb.jpg

Need to choose to "ignore and open web", running again, just can be normal visit the bank on the net

post-403449-1338698121_thumb.jpg

Win Vista Home Basic 32bit 2GB RAM , Win 7 Proffessional 32bit 2gb RAM

It takes about 5-7minutes for computer to become stable after full system scan.