Sign in to follow this  
rickandjane

Unable to upgrade to PURE 2, activation issue.

Hello,

1. I received my email to upgrade to PURE 2. I downloaded and saved PURE 2 (english version) on my hard drive.

2. I have 597 days remaining on my license for PURE 1 and I uninstalled my PURE 1. There was no antivirus programs on my computer except Kapsersky PURE 1.

3. I was able to successfully install PURE 2.0 ---and activate sucessfully.

4. I was able to update PURE 2.

5. When I attempted to perform a scan, I get a window asking me to activate it. PURE says it won't update or scan anything until I activate PURE 2.

6. I sucessfully activate it. (At least the widow said it activated successfully.)

7. PURE 2 won't work. I am forced to return to #5 and activate PURE 2 and I get a successful activation message (again).

8. PURE 2 still won't work. I am forced to return to #5 and after the third attempt I am locked out from the activation screen and the only choice I have available is to purchase (something I have already purchased.)

9. PURE 2 won't work because it says I need to activate it or purchase it --even though I activated it 3 times!!

10. I uninstalled PURE 2 and re-installed PURE 1 from a CD.

11. PURE 1 works just fine now.

What is going on???? I want to use Kasperky PURE 2. I want to upgrade. I have 597 days left on my license. (I wasted 4 hours yesterday doing all this.)

Lastly, I don't understand why I have to leave my computer open to attacks and uninstall PURE 1 during the upgrading process to PURE 2. Kaspersky should be able to upgrade without me having to uninstall Kasperky PURE 1.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

edit: topic title to mention activation issue.

Edited by richbuff

There is a known problem in Pure 2 concerning its inability to properly handle the product license. Apparently KL expects to release a patch in June.

In the meantime you should probably continue to use Pure 1.

Discussion of the issue is here:

License issues

Edited by Kariput

Kariput,

Thank you VERY much. You have given me hope.

Rick

:bravo:

There is a known problem in Pure 2 concerning its inability to properly handle the product license. Apparently KL expects to release a patch in June.

In the meantime you should probably continue to use Pure 1.

Discussion of the issue is here:

License issues

Please clean install PURE 2.0.

Download PURE 2.0 > uninstall your old PURE > reboot > install PURE 2.0 > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 are located in the Important topics.

If you still have activation issues after doing this, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

richbuff,

Clean install PURE 2.0?

That IS exactly what I did.

By submitting this thread I am contacting Kaspersky.

Actually, Kariput has a terrific answer.

Cheers,

Rick

Please clean install PURE 2.0.

Download PURE 2.0 > uninstall your old PURE > reboot > install PURE 2.0 > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 are located in the Important topics.

If you still have activation issues after doing this, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

By submitting this thread I am contacting Kaspersky.

Cheers,

Rick

No, you're posting in a user forum. The link for support is the one Rich gave.

Staying with PURE R2 when you see this issue would be the easiest thing in this situation though, a fix for 2.0 should be out in the next couple of weeks. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.