jearnhart

[Fix in progress] 'File is currently in use' when saving certain Office documents.

yes it is.;

Interesting.... I wouldn't think that the System Watcher component could lock up files that way... is "Do not monitor the activity of applications that have a digital signature" checked in your system watcher policy?

Hi everyone! :)

just as a side note i would like to point out that the sooner we get at least one bundle of traces the sooner we will fix this problem. It cannot be reproduced here in a straightforward way, so there has to be something about the environment as well. this is why traces are really, really necessary.

we also started experiencing this issue yesterday, also started rolling out the critical update 8.1.0.831 yesterday too?

coincidence?

same as everyone else, issue is isolated to excel spreadsheets and word docs shared on one of our servers

again have system watcher enabled on both server and workstation

the server is still runing v8.1.0.646, workstations are now on .831

sounds like process to indentify what is happening is in hand, so ill watch this space

I think its a coincidence as we have not started rolling out that update, and have this issue, all our clients are running .646

we also started experiencing this issue yesterday, also started rolling out the critical update 8.1.0.831 yesterday too?

coincidence?

same as everyone else, issue is isolated to excel spreadsheets and word docs shared on one of our servers

again have system watcher enabled on both server and workstation

the server is still runing v8.1.0.646, workstations are now on .831

sounds like process to indentify what is happening is in hand, so ill watch this space

A fix for this should be online within an hour. Please update the product then and let us know if the new update has resolved the issue.

thanks., please let us know when this is live and where we get it from :) thanks.

Is "Do not monitor the activity of applications that have a digital signature" checked in your system watcher policy?

Yes, it is. It is checked by default.

And Excel or Word executable files have digital signatures, so they shouldn't be scanned at all by this module so I guess this is another bug. Don't you think?

Just post when the thing is there and we can get it.

Edited by Sparkey70

Spoke to kaspersky this morning, the update should come down as normal with the usual updates.

to force it through, in kaspersky security center , goto "Administraton server tasks" and manually start the "download updates to repoisitory"

once downloaded, go into the managed computers tab, tasks, and deploy update to the clients.

lets hope it works :)

Spoke to kaspersky this morning, the update should come down as normal with the usual updates.

to force it through, in kaspersky security center , goto "Administraton server tasks" and manually start the "download updates to repoisitory"

once downloaded, go into the managed computers tab, tasks, and deploy update to the clients.

lets hope it works :)

Any updates?

+1

Any updates?

I'd like confirmation that this issue is resolved before re-enabling the system watcher component company-wide.

Thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.