Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
volcer

upgrade antivirus 6 to end point 8

12 posts in this topic

Hello thanks for taking the time to tread this post...

i have about 150 clients that are installed with version 6 anti-virus and would like to upgrade them to version 8 endpoint security. Is there away to do this through Security Center?

would i have to uninstall all the older version then install the newer versions. how would i uninstall the older version with security center.

thanks for the help

If this question has already been answered could you please give me the location

Hello,

It's easy :

1) Update your KES 8 package with last hotfixes (right-clic -> Properties -> Update database)

2) Create a task to uninstall KAV 6 on target computers (this is important, do not skip it).

3) Create a task to install KES 8 on target computers. Link it to the first one (planning -> "Launch when task X is finished")

4) Start task in 2) . I suggest you target a small amount of computers each time (10-15) to not overburdened your network. Be sure to do it outside of working hours as you may expect 2-3 reboot until completion for both tasks.

Hello,

It's easy :

1) Update your KES 8 package with last hotfixes (right-clic -> Properties -> Update database)

2) Create a task to uninstall KAV 6 on target computers (this is important, do not skip it).

3) Create a task to install KES 8 on target computers. Link it to the first one (planning -> "Launch when task X is finished")

4) Start task in 2) . I suggest you target a small amount of computers each time (10-15) to not overburdened your network. Be sure to do it outside of working hours as you may expect 2-3 reboot until completion for both tasks.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. That is what i thought is what i would have to do

thanks again for the response

Hello,

It's easy :

Hi,

No need to uninstall the old version of kaspersky 6.0.x. just create a task to install the KES 8 on targeted computer that will be upgrade your existing KAV 6.0.x into KES 8.

Hi,

No need to uninstall the old version of kaspersky 6.0.x. just create a task to install the KES 8 on targeted computer that will be upgrade your existing KAV 6.0.x into KES 8.

To avoid possible problems it is better to uninstall previous version first and reboot.

Hi,

Sadly upgrading means tons of problems period.

Sadly upgrading means tons of problems period.

Hi All,

I already upgrade my Admin kit 8 into KSC9 and KAV 6.0 into KES 8.0 on 135 machine, During update no major issue faced.

First I update my Admin kit 8 into KSC 9. then I installed network agent 9.2.69 from KSC 9 on all my client machine after installing the Network Agent I upgrade my KAV 6.0 into KES 8 through the remote install Application task.

3-4 machine connectivity issue occur but after using the command "KLmover.exe" solve the issue.

Yes, upgrade is possible but the recomendation always is (if is possible) uninstall previous version, install the new version, less problems.

Regards

Yes, upgrade is possible but the recomendation always is (if is possible) uninstall previous version, install the new version, less problems.

Regards

will there be issues with the license expiry? i noticed that some of the machine which i uninstall KAV6 mp4 and install KES8 they get the maximum license life time. in my case they get 90days more. :cb_punk:

will there be issues with the license expiry? i noticed that some of the machine which i uninstall KAV6 mp4 and install KES8 they get the maximum license life time. in my case they get 90days more. :cb_punk:

Yes, because before, the expiry date of the key had 3 months of grace :) . Now the new keys only have 1 month :( .

Edited by Caos

Hi All,

I already upgrade my Admin kit 8 into KSC9 and KAV 6.0 into KES 8.0 on 135 machine, During update no major issue faced.

First I update my Admin kit 8 into KSC 9. then I installed network agent 9.2.69 from KSC 9 on all my client machine after installing the Network Agent I upgrade my KAV 6.0 into KES 8 through the remote install Application task.

3-4 machine connectivity issue occur but after using the command "KLmover.exe" solve the issue.

You got lucky. Many people on this forum didn't :(