• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
icepuffin

Lab analysis, will I be told result?

Sorry if a daft question , but I recently downloaded an email which appears to have contained a trogan.

It was picked up by KIS and quarantened.

I followed the instructions and when in quarantine right clicked and sent file for analysis.

My question is , will I receive or should I receive a reply from Kaspersky labs to inform me is it is indeed a trogan / virus only after clicking to send it for analysis nothing happened so unsure if it actually went I was hoping for some sort of acknowledgement.

Berny   
should I receive a reply from Kaspersky labs

Yes, K-Lab will come back to you after analyse.

richbuff   

Please see the third important topic located near the top of the Virus section of this forum. And here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=13881

If you need a reply, please use Method 1. send via the Submission form, Via MyKaspersky Account. :)

If you use method 2 (newvirus at kaspersky.com) or method 3 (directly from quarantine), you may possibly not receive a reply.

I sent it method 3 so would seem method 3 doesn't receive a reply or an acknowledgement.

Having trouble selecting method 1 as when I enter the desktop ' kaspersky icon' it only provides 5 possible items , I am not sure how I get to quarantine to 'upload ' the file. but at least I have hopefully sent it for analysis .- it would be nice to at least receive some form of receipt to say it has been submitted?

Edited by icepuffin