Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
comp123

browser redirect+system freezees when doing full scan

15 posts in this topic

Whenever I search for something on the internet my browser is redirected every 3rd to 4th search to various sites normally beginning with www.doublecklick.org+ clicking through a few sites before it stops. I've tried deleting this and blocking also but it just reappears. Also I can run quick scan but when I try to run a full scan or custom scan my system freezes at c:\winows\system32\driverstore\filerepository....... and I have to shut the system down manually please help.

Welcome. Please see the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

I have tried running TDSS killer on safe mode too...but nothing! can't find instructions for logs

Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

Hi, the instructions request two logs- you've got the first but not the second in your post.

Have I attached these correctly now? Is there anything else I need to do please?

The bad guys are not showing up in your logs.

What browsers are affected by this issue?

Please click my user name and select Send message, and send me some of the links that you are being redirected to.

If you are using a router, please reset it it, and set a strong password for the router.

Thanks Richbuff redirect problem seems to be resolved! I still cannot run a custom scan or a full scan my system will always freeze at c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\prnca001.inf_92fbd03f\I386\CNB7DDBA.ICM, this can vary, keeping the same information at the start but after the I386\ the letters and numbers change with each scan and then the system will freeze, then I have to close computer down manually. Any ideas what this could be please?

I tried both options and the system still freezes. What is this file, is it something to do with my printer? please help, this is so annoying when I don't know what to do!!