Sign in to follow this  
BobbyK420

I kept getting this error last night? Seriously worried or is it something meaningless?

I've been using kaspersky for a while and I thought you guys would be the best place to ask. I kept getting this popup last night, and it's absolutely baffling me.

OT1wG.jpg

Why is my computer trying to connect to a website for gay activism? Why is it submitting things related to bullying? I didn't know what origin was at first but I later found out it was related to my son's video game and tracked the origin.exe down from where the alert told me. Since kaspersky doesn't really have a good and detailed program scanner, I uploaded it on a file analysis program at anubis and got the following results:

Performs File Modification and Destruction: The executable modifies and destructs files which are not temporary. high

Performs Registry Activities: The executable reads and modifies registry values. It may also create and monitor registry keys. medium

Files Created:

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\EAD2.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\EAD2.tmp

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Electronic Arts

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Electronic Arts\eadm_app.prefs

C:\ProgramData

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts

I thought that maybe the program could have been infected from my son downloading something else, but the origin.exe modified date is the same as the rest of the programs in the folder which means it hasn't been touched. Any advice? The website that I think the program was trying to connect to has changed but can be viewed here xxp://allout.org/en/actions/theforce none of this makes any sense.

edit: link disabled.

Edited by richbuff

Can we count for any info about this from Kaspersky labs? The link in this alert leads to petition that EA potentially wants to get votes on and this whole thing looks terrifyingly probable. I'm really concerned. I'm forced to use Origin to play battlefield 3 and I'm not sure how should I proceed.