serming

Please help me - newbie here - regarding KIS 6.0

2. Make a folder called Kav 6.0 on the desktop and unzip KisKavRemove into this,, then uninstall Kaspersky, reboot into safemode and run the tool (doubleclick on "avp_remove.cmd" for the 6.0 tool). Only works if installed in the default c:\ location with windows!.

Now i would run the trial of Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

3. Now boot into normalmode and install Kaspersky again.

I am sorry. I am not really computer expert. Not sure how to do what you say in step 2......how to reboot into safemode? How to run the tool (where to find?)

If you can guide me on step 2, step by step, I am very happy and glad to learn. I will be very grateful to you.

So, after step 3, after install Kaspersky again, do I run the updates again?

If you feel that it's too troublesome to teach me here (because too complicated), then I would like to ask? Do i get that statement (asking me to restart computer) because my updates NOT properly updated yet??

Something is wrong, thats why you see the reboots,. when you install it there is only one reboot if you use the 6.0.0.303 installer i linked to.

Regarding step 2, safemode instructions at he bottom of this post (but basicly you tab F8 while the pc starts), before you go into safemode you make a folder on the desktop and call it KIS 6.0 (so you can find easily) and then unzip the KisKavRemove.zip you downloaded from step 1.

Do it this way.

1. Download the tool, Regsupreme trial (install Regsureme immediately) and the new installer.

2. make the KIS 6.0 folder.

3. Uninstall KIS 6.0, reboot and then enter safemode (instruction at the bottom).

4. Run the KIS remover by doubleclicking the CMD file in the KIS 6.0 folder you made and unzipped KisKavRemove.zip into..... a black window opens, when it disappears it is finished.

5. Run Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

6. Install KIS again and don't change the settings untill we're sure you are ok.....ok? :)

Ok, i'll cross my fingers then, i'm jogging the 1½ hour or so, but will check this thread when i come home again. :)

I know I am not good at computer on my own.

But I am good at following instructions.

I followed every single piece of your instructions.

I run the KIS remover by doubleclicking at CMD file (in windows safe mode).

Then I run the Regsupreme (normal mode) and install the KIS again (using the new installer - downloaded using the link you gave me).

Both Regsupreme and installation of KIS are run in windows normal mode (I hope I am correct here).

However, I still get that Attention!!! asking me to restart my pc, no matter how many times I have restarted my pc.

Why? I have no ideas.

Does that mean that I have not installed the updates properly? And my Kaspersky NOT updated yet? Because the installation of updates NOT properly done yet, as the system keeps seeing me as have not restarted my pc?

By the way, I have spyware doctor (original full version) and scanspyware (original full version) installed in my pc. Is that why the problems here?

Edited by serming

Try to go into the settings and uncheck these two boxes in the picture, then reboot and tell me if that helped and btw are you using any program that cleans your temporary internet files, cookies etc?

post-63-1160931575.png

I unchecked those boxes. Still same.

I clean my temporary internet files and cookies by using "Options" in Firefox only.

Under Tools, choose options, then under privacy, can clean cookies, cache etc.

One last thing to do before you contact support, is to uninstall again and reboot, then reinstall and make sure it is not allowed to acces the net to grab signatures so pull out the plug to the net after it is activated, then uncheck those two boxes and remember the "Apply".

If that doesn't help then contact support:http://www.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html, you can change language to the left. :)

Do you mean that I unchecked those boxes before I download any updates?

If I uncheck those boxes, that means I cannot updates my program modules and network drivers and attack signatures??

If in my situation, does that mean that my installation is not complete, because I keep getting that message requiring me to restart computer to complete the process??

Okay, I am going to reinstall my KIS now.

Do you mean that I unchecked those boxes before I download any updates?

If I uncheck those boxes, that means I cannot updates my program modules and network drivers and attack signatures??

If in my situation, does that mean that my installation is not complete, because I keep getting that message requiring me to restart computer to complete the process??

Okay, I am going to reinstall my KIS now.

Yes, i mean before any update is downloaded and no, you're not unprotected you just don't have the latest driver update and a new version is coming soon anyway = your safe. :)

Please hold on.....I am trying to uninstall and reinstall again.

Anyway, if the KIS give me that Attention!! Saying that I need to restart the pc to complete my updates process.

Does that mean that my updates are not installed yet because the process is not complete yet. Meaning that I do not have the latest updates??!!

Again.....................no, it does not mean you are unprotected, the signatures are still downloaeded.

Still same.

I uninstall KIS, then run KIS remover, then Regsupreme, and then install KIS again.

Still same......

Please try this:

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip & .Regsupreme (install this one) and a new installer http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates?chapter=186437046.

Can I ask one question?

Why the new installer that I downloaded using this link here is only about 13 MB, but the previous installer I downloaded using the link that Kaspersky sent to me email is more than 15 MB?? Any less features here??

Thank you in advance.

This is funny, and I don't know why.

Yesterday I formatted my laptop, and installed Kaspersky, and then encountered that "restarting issue" problem.

Then today, I need to install many other programmes, because my laptop is basically empty without programmes after I format it.

I shut down the internet connection. And keep restarting laptop after installing each and every programmes, because I need to do so to install all those programmes.

Then without I realise it (I am not sure when it happened), the statement "Attention! Please restart your pc......." is no more there.

I wonder why??!!!

But anyway, I hope it won't come back.

Later, I tried the trial version with my other pc at workplace. It installed very smoothly, and no problems at all. No whatever statements about needs to restart pc.

And guess what. WOW!!! KIS is marvellous......detected 110 trojans in that pc!!!

Unbelievable.....but I want to ask why??

I don't understand!! Why I scan it previously with spyware doctor and scanspyware, but nothing detected!!??

Why??

Thank you.

Hi!

I don't understand!! Why I scan it previously with spyware doctor and scanspyware, but nothing detected!!??

Because KIS is the best!!! :)

Kind regards,

Igor Kurzin

Aloha, Lucian! :)

In Russia we say "conciseness is the sister of talant" :D

Eugene says all the time that "there is no spyware"... :) and I think he is right.

Definition of Spyware on Viruslist:

http://www.viruslist.com/en/glossary?glossid=189275468

Some trojans can very well be called "spyware" and should be detected by Anti-Spyware applications. But here KIS wins, and we know that.

Kind regards,

Igor Kurzin

Anyway, I am still getting this "Attention!!!Please restart your pc........" after I connect to the internet.

By the way, do the support team contact me at my email? Or I need to go to their website to see the reply??

I posted that I did not get that statement anymore earlier today.

It happened that the support team read about it, and they thought that my problems are solved. But now, it appears again.

It's really a headache to me.

This is the reply:-

Dear Sir,

From the information on the forum I learned that you have fixed your problem with KIS. Please let us know if you experience it again.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Igor Kurzin

Below is the attachment which you requested.

update.txt

okay. Let me restart the laptop.

Anyway, if I uncheck that box, meaning that I won't be able to update my application modules option??

Is this going to affect my KIS performance??

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.