After installing the H patch on my Win 7 x64 computer, web pages sometimes fail to load in IE 8. I either have to refresh (sometimes several times) or try the link again to get the page to load. I'm not absolutely sure that this is the fault of KAV, but the problem started after the H patch update. What did H install that could be causing this problem? Is there a setting that I can turn off to determine if Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 is indeed the culprit?

Is there a setting that I can turn off ...

Hello,

Rightclick the K icon in the system tray and choose "Exit".

Edited by Berny

Sure, I could do that, but I hate to surf with KAV turned off. The problem doesn't happen all the time, and intermittently on the websites that are affected. I would have to turn off my protection for an extended period of time to properly troubleshoot the issue. For that reason, I'd prefer to use a scalpel rather than an axe.

What did the H patch install and how can I temporarily turn it off?

I ran the tool, but there's nothing in my clipboard. I must be missing something; can you post more detailed instructions for adding the report link to my reply?

I use IE8 because I don't like IE9.

web pages sometimes fail to load in IE 8.
Reset IE8, then install IE9.

When IE10 comes out, you won't want to install it, because you will like IE9. When IE 11 comes out, ..... well, you know. :)

The current IE, i.e. IE9, contains super extremely critical security updates. And functionality fixes. Also, having the current IE is important for correct and secure functioning of your operating system. That is why it is instructed to install the current IE, even for people who don't use it, because having the current IE equates to happy operating system.

Please install IE9. After you reset IE8.

You make some good points.

However, I didn't have any problems with IE8 loading web pages until the time of the H patch. Rather than install IE9, I'd like to know what the H patch installed so I can turn it off and troubleshoot this problem. I don't even know if KAV is the culprit.

Did the GSI log provide any insight?

Finally, and I should have asked this beforehand, what information is provided by the GSI tool and who has access to that file? Is the link that I posted available to anyone who views this thread?

Then follow the instructions and be happy. :)

Update your OS/IE and tell us how it went.

Patch H: What did it do to my PC? http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/tech?qid=208285948

Your gsi report does not have personal stuff or security stuff. If it did, we could not request it.

Anyone who is logged into GSI account can review your report.

To facilitate post count that is spiraling out of control, I try to avoid repeating myself. Therefore, I will not be replying to this topic until you fix your OS/IE and tell us how it went. That is the absolute First Step in troubleshooting.

Over a day since installing IE9 and web pages are loading without issue. I enabled all the KAV add-ons.

IE9 is speedier than IE8, but I hate that download manager that can't be turned off ("Do you want to run or save...").

Thanks to richbuff for pushing me in the right direction, and to others who offered suggestions.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.