TsunamiZ

KAV 6 scan files while extracted from .zip .rar?

Does KAV 6 scan files while extracted from .zip .rar? Is there any need to manually scan the extracted files after extraction?

Yes, File Anti-Virus scans all files (also those in sub-folders) while extracted from the archive. There is no need to scan them again manually.

i mean you need to scan them manually as a solution that is offers more security

why i do think so ???

that's the answer

try this on your own risk

Important note: EICAR cannot be held responsible when these files or your AV scanner in combination with these files cause any damage to your computer. You download these files at your own risk. Download these files only if you are sufficiently secure in the usage of your AV scanner. EICAR cannot and will not provide any help to remove these files from your computer. Please contact the manufacturer/vendor of your AV scanner to seek such help.

download this data

eicar testvirus

kaspersky needed about 20 seconds to know that this file was /is infected, after i had

extracted it.

but the size of this archive is less than the size of other archives

then i wonder how long kaspersky needs to know that a 300 MB archve is infected

that's my opinion

if i talked any crap then plz correct me

but if they are files that i will send to someone else to open, i should manually scan it right? in case they don't have good antivirus on their pc.

And KIS has a good feature that I like most.

KIS can scan a zipped file, only passing the mouse over the file.:D

Of course, already copied by some AV companies.:blink:

Edited by DonKid

i use roxio 9.

so basically, i should keep a good practice of manually scanning most things since there could be a virus but kav just doesn't bother to check it unless i actually run the file.

i use roxio 9.

so basically, i should keep a good practice of manually scanning most things since there could be a virus but kav just doesn't bother to check it unless i actually run the file.

No, thats not correct, if you send the file it will be scanned when you send it, if you wish to have archives scanned then you just turn the settings up to max, it will however cost you more than i personally think it's worth, but maybe you can live with it.

My "Yes, that is a very sound practice" comment was meant in a general way and with any AV.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.