jtr8178

Kaspersky Endpoint 8 Lagging Windows 7 Machines

I am amazed that here we are one week after the initial reports of this issue and Kaspersky has yet to comment or provide any meaningful updates via the numerous support cases that have been opened with them on this. I am really starting to question whether Kaspersky is truly ready to start delivering and supporting "enterprise"-class software. We are nearly complete with a rapid 15,000 node deployment so there's really no going back for us without significant effort/pain...I really hope Kaspersky gets its act together soon.

Kaspersky have advised that we disable system watcher which seems to have given a decrease in logon times, will keep an eye on it and re-enable device control next week and see if things are still ok.

@boffinstv: I hope that works for you. We have had System Watcher disabled for well over a week and still had many reports of boot issues this week. We just disabled Device Control yesterday so we'll see whawt happens. We have also seen some very strange issues that seem to tie to the Web Control module. I am getting the sense that many of these "new" modules were not properly tested and really weren't ready for "primetime". Now we are all suffering the consequences. :angry2:

I'm curious.... for those of you who are experiencing this issue and are resolving it by disabling Device Control, was your device control configured to do any type of enforcement, or was it simply enabled with nothing changed whatsoever in the default policy (i.e. allow all).

@No Network: We had the Device Control module enabled but didn't have it configured to anything different than the defaults (allow all). We're still mointoring the situation but it sure seems like it is clearing up the slow boot-up reports.

I had all users reboot last night (About 150 PCs), and everything is working smooth this morning. I think between disabling Device Control (we were using default settings only) and updating the Network Agent from 9.0.2825 to 9.0.2786 seems to have resolved it for us. This is what they told me from support:

Please upgrade your network agents on your machines. The 2786 network agent had cpu issues. To do this you must install critical fix one for the security center. You can download the lite installer and just install on top, no reboot is required. Push the new network agent.

We have disabled the System Watcher bingo the issue was solved. :cb_punk:

:bf: agreed with this. after disabling system watcher slow startup issue vanished.

So let say three more criteria that cause the issued which i can catch up in this thread are :

1. Klopp.dat drver ---- we have to disable it

2. Device control ---- we have to disable it

3.System watcher ----- we have to disable it also.

So for those three above. i need to disable it and the problem will gone , isn't it ? cause most of you guy mention that some of you just disable device some of you just disable the "klopp". Also I would need you guy to give kaspersky support team a hardware used in your company which got these problems. eg. Dell ,Hp on which model.....

I think these can be narrow down or we can see the main cause of problem whether kaspersky might conflict with some of those Hardware driver (just for my opinion).

Cheers,

OK so a quick update on our situation. We have disabled System Watcher and Device Control and that seemed to help, but we are still getting fresh reports of extremely slow boot-up (1-2 hours in some cases). Apparently, unplugging the network cable during boot-up seems to help but isn't really a viable long-term solution.

I guess we will try the klopp.dat driver "fix" next and continue flaily wildly about until Kaspersky support can actually over up an actual solution to the problem.

:dash2:

Very frustrating. :angry: We are experiancing the same issues here, but thankfully we did not depoy to the masses. I will try the suggestions listed here.

Same problem here... havn't had so much as an issue up until about 5 hours ago a server locked up but it was still pingable and showing as online, but completely frozen

This is very disappointing... DO KASPERSKY READ THESE THREADS? Any update needs to be released ASAP

After many hours of wrestling with a slow boot situation, I came across this post. Almost identical symptoms: 10+ minute boot to login after Windoze update last week - IBM Thinkpad laptop with Win XP SP3 and 2GB RAM. We have several other Win XP SP3 32-bit OS machines (desktops & laptops) and Win7 Pro & Ultimate 64-bit that run fine. When I do get control of the laptop, avp.exe is hogging resources and it somehow manages to disable all network adapters. Remove KES - boot time is the typical 3 minutes and all is fine.

I've tried the Klopp driver update - no help. Will try to update the Agent from 9.0.2786. Am running KES version 8.1.0.646 patches a & b. It seems one of the MS updates isn't playing well with KES. I see others mentioning disabling the various services. I guess that gets us a temp workaround, but that's only sweeping the crap under the rug IMHO.

Today I pulled an older Win XP SP3 Thinkpad out, updated KES to what the rest of us are running, pushed policy and then did all Windoze updates - could not re-create the issue after several reboots.

Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know it appears to be more than just a coincidence (we have a client with similiar issues). Will post back with updates.

Bumping this.

We have the same issue with KES 8.1.0.646 a.b NA 9.0.2825 Clients running Win7 and / or XP, Security Center 9.0.2825.

Applied Klopp patch, did not change anything, still loooong boots to Windows Domain logon, then slow to Desktop after logon.

We are running mostly pretty fast hardware, i-5 / i-7 Momentus XT on Notebooks.

Disabled everything besides File Antivirus, Firewall and Network Attack Blocker, did essentially nothing to improve Boot-Times.

Still no proper reply or fix from Kaspersky, as i said in the "Computers disappearing from Admin Center" thread, this is ridiculous.

Right now i am very sure we will not be buying another set of licences with the kind of untested bloatware they feed us as "business" products and then leave us hanging with it deployed.

Same issue here but only Windows 7 machines with KES 8.1.0.646 and NA 9.0.2786. Installed the KLOPP patch and disabled system watcher and that seemed to fix the issue. Win XP machines and those running KAV 6.0 that I have not transitioned to KES 8.1.0 were unaffected.

I have also same problem in Windows 7 OS. But have no problem in XP operating system. As of now i try to use the Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 on Windows 7 OS and works fine.

BUMP. I still have yet to see anyone from Kaspersky weigh in on this issue. Anyone??

Don't hold your breath waiting for a response from Kaspersky. I've been trying to solve some problems since last December (through forums and regular support). All they'll do is have you create a bunch of trace files and then ignore you again...then they'll ask for some more trace files. Then they will close your ticket without any resolution. :dash1:

Add us to the list of customers affected by this issue. Only appears to be affecting Windows 7 systems.

Can we get some feedback or update on this issue by Kaspersky Labs?

Dear all,

My name is Nigel, and I am the Technical Services Manager at Kaspersky Lab Australia & New Zealand.

Recently we had seen a couple of similar issues here in Australia, but as you can appreciate there's a support process to ensure that in fact we are talking about the same issue.

A couple of local customers that we spoke to about Windows 7 performance issues, we asked for GSI logs / traces (as you would expect to help us troubleshoot upstream to Dev) - and offered a recommendation to ensure that the Kaspersky Security Centre 9.0 and Kaspersky Network Agent was at the latest version. We've been trying to contact those couple of customers to work out if the problem was resolved but so far have not got a reply. Since there seems to be a few active customers here, I wanted to try and help.

If any of the forum customers want to PM me with the incident numbers you received (I assume you logged a ticket starting with 'INC' ?) I will be able to cross-reference them in our global support system and see if I can shed some light on this particular issue.

I would appreciate if you tell me your country too, as it will help me communicate with my colleagues in other Kaspersky regions.

Best Regards,

Nigel

Dear all,

My name is Nigel, and I am the Technical Services Manager at Kaspersky Lab Australia & New Zealand.

Thank you Nigel for the post. I don't have this particular issue, so I haven't created a case for this.

Some feedback: Based on you saying that you have been waiting for responses from some people, I have some info to share. It seems that your support system is not working well. I had an open case and had responded (twice) to the last email I received regarding the case. Five days later I received an email saying that since I had not responded the case would be closed, even though I had responded. After I replied to the "closing your case" email I received no reply. I then replied to the "resolved case" email without any reply. The problem has since been resolved through the forum, so it doesn't matter now but your system may need to be fixed...

Thank you Nigel for the post. I don't have this particular issue, so I haven't created a case for this.

Some feedback: Based on you saying that you have been waiting for responses from some people, I have some info to share. It seems that your support system is not working well. I had an open case and had responded (twice) to the last email I received regarding the case. Five days later I received an email saying that since I had not responded the case would be closed, even though I had responded. After I replied to the "closing your case" email I received no reply. I then replied to the "resolved case" email without any reply. The problem has since been resolved through the forum, so it doesn't matter now but your system may need to be fixed...

Same thing happend to me.

Exact same issue here with Kaspersky Support over the past week or so...maddening!!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.