jtr8178

Kaspersky Endpoint 8 Lagging Windows 7 Machines

I've had 8 client PCs today have the same issue -- Very slow to load Windows after login, and once it logs in they are taking 5-10 minutes to load any programs.

The instant I disable Kaspersky, the problem goes away. These are a variety of machine (Dell, HP) all with plently of RAM (4 GB minumum), and either i5 or i7 CPU's.

Has anyone seen this issue before? It isn't all computers, it appears to just be laptops that are having the issue....

Tyler

Were starting to experience the same issue. Running KES8 8.1.0.646 (a.B)

Computers taking approx 30 mins before able to log in. These have previously been working OK.

OS is Windows 7 x86. 4gb Ram.

Only seems to be effecting random computers, and at this point it would appear to be laptops.

Any ideas?

ta

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with 4Gb of RAM and Endpoint 8. no noticeable slowdown over KAV 6 MP4

the times I have seen performance hits like you describe are when there is either existing AV software installed already or when the machine has been infected previously and some files/drivers are left behind.

either of those 2 can cause major slowdown on your machine, checking CPU time and RAM usages would show nothing unusual.

have you ever run a GSI before to gather a report ?

it would identify any known incompatible drivers/software

Hi

We also have the following problem started on Friday 10th February 2012, first reboot after loading the Thursday updates. 30 mins to get to a point were there was a usable desktop session.

Until this point EndPoint Security v8 was working fine. There were no other software changes on the PC's concerned, and had to disble protection in policy to allow normal boot and session logon.

Reverted to Workstation v6 MP4 and no problems. Luck we hadn't yet deployed WES 8 to the whole network!

:dash1:

Ian

Hello,

look here, we have massive problems:

& # entry1799935 http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;gopid=1799935

regards

netsracz

Same problem here. 2 workstations taking a very long time to login, after 30 min or so, everything starts working just fine.

Nothing unusual seems to be taking resources (CPU, RAM)

Started happening late Thursday and Friday.

I'm able to boot just fine under Safe mode.

Well, I am glad it is just not me. I am going to try the fix on http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208285969, but it will be hard to tell. Problem is random, and goes away 15-30 minutes after initial boot. We've been running just fine for a couple months, and then this problem started late last week. I think Kaspersky has broken something.

I started a case file with Kaspersky last week, and all they've asked for so far is a report on versions. I'll update if I get a response.

I will say that this has only been on Laptops, and only after they rebooted. We typically don't reboot our desktops very often, so that might be why they haven't seen a problem.

Same pb here on Windows 7 / XP

Welcome screen takes forever after typing your login credentials on domain...people are furious.

Edited by neeeko

Can you disable device control and the reboot.

How does it work?

Funny that you mentioned device control, because a user was having similar problems with slow computer as well but they only started after he plugged in a device into his laptop (cellphone), but as soon as i disabled device control,

the computer came back to life. kes 8.1.0.646 patch a, b - win 7 32bit, laptop

But as for the other ones, it is impossible to get to kaspersky, because it's so slow after the boot.

The only way i could actually use the machine, was after i booted into safe mode and renamed avp.exe

Edited by carlosco612

Correction lag is still here.

Turning Kaspersky off solves the problem.

This AV is pure crap.

Correction lag is still here.

Turning Kaspersky off solves the problem.

This AV is pure crap.

Well, I don't agree with this. I've gone from 2-3 infected computer repairs a week to zero, so I'm happy with it.

In my case, Kasperky had me update KSC to the latest version. I went from 2786 to the most recent.

If the problem isn't resolved, I'm going to disable device control like others have suggested.

Hello

We are having the same issue with a number of Windows 7 Laptops, started wed/thurs last week. I have upgraded the security centre, pushed out the updated network agent, and disabled the Klopp driver.

Still the same issue, Computer boots, can logon but is basically unuseable until the kaspersky icon eventually apperas in the system tray 30-45 mins, then all is ok.

something changed last week - Kaspersky please can you tell us what it was and how to undo it?

Well, I don't agree with this. I've gone from 2-3 infected computer repairs a week to zero, so I'm happy with it.

In my case, Kasperky had me update KSC to the latest version. I went from 2786 to the most recent.

If the problem isn't resolved, I'm going to disable device control like others have suggested.

I agree with you, Kaspersky has been great as far as keeping workstations clean. But some update happened on thursday that caused this.

Add me to the list of affected users.

Does not seem to be bothering x64 Win 7 installs. Only the x32 installs.

Slow login, Slow "welcome", machines pretty much unuseable for 10 minutes.

Installed and ran klopp disable, still slow, but manageable. Now it only takes 2-3 minutes before things are up.

Told users not to turn off computer, will see how things go in the morning.

Possibly disabling device control an option, still testing. Not really a resolution though.......

Seems to be mainly HP 6730 Bs here.....

Any comment from Kaspersky?

Possibly disabling device control an option, still testing. Not really a resolution though.......

Seems to be mainly HP 6730 Bs here.....

Any comment from Kaspersky?

I have a ticket opened with Kaspersky support right now. I've provided them with the logs, and havent heard anything back yet.

Same here..... the patch didn't work. Updated the KSC to the latest version this morning but all I could see was a newer agent. Pushed that out just now to see if will do anything to solve this.

After updating KSC, pushing out the network agent update, running the patch, and disabling device control, the issue may have been resolved. No complaints in 24 hours, which doesn't mean too much ... A lot of my users will just "live with it" and not report anything. I'm almost afraid to send an email out asking.

I'll probably ask all users to shut down tonight and re-start in the morning to see if it resolved.

After updating KSC, pushing out the network agent update, running the patch, and disabling device control, the issue may have been resolved. No complaints in 24 hours, which doesn't mean too much ... A lot of my users will just "live with it" and not report anything. I'm almost afraid to send an email out asking.

I'll probably ask all users to shut down tonight and re-start in the morning to see if it resolved.

what's your agent version?

We are getting reports of slow boot-up issues as well. We have had a lot of change in our environment in the past week, so it's hard to say if the issue is Kaspersky-related, but we have disabled Device Control based on the suggestions in this thread so we'll see if that helps...

We are getting reports of slow boot-up issues as well. We have had a lot of change in our environment in the past week, so it's hard to say if the issue is Kaspersky-related, but we have disabled Device Control based on the suggestions in this thread so we'll see if that helps...

All the same here.

I've disabled all functionality but a File Antivirus & Self defense.

Systems seem to be running better although it's not acceptable.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.