Sign in to follow this  
robertmac

endpoint slowdown on mac

Hi,

now I'm not a mac Expert (yet) so I thought I'd ask where I'm more likely to get pointed in the right direction.

I've installed Endpoint Security on mac (OS X 10.6.80), this is managed from a security centre and therefore has a policy. (I posted this here since it is more Mac related than it is Security Centre related)

as soon as Endpoint finished installing, the Mac became near unusable, safari was next to useless. Outlook for Mac 2011 appears to hang.

the only thing I can compare it to is when Kaspersky AV was installed onto a Windows machine where AV software already was installed and then you suffer extreme slowdown.

as this mac isnt nearby I cant physically access it to check it so I have to connect remotely but cannot do this in the current state so I had to ask the Mac owner to uninstall Endpoint which then brought the mac back to life.

is this a familiar sounding experience to anyone ?

and if so, any pointers as to what to look for to help troubleshooting on a mac ?

thanks

robert

Hi Robert

I am using End Point Security 8 with updates until today, no issue working smooth, all apps working normal.

check the updates.

Thanks