How do i tell if an online company is legitimate and i can do shopping on its website ? Were there any cases of fake websites that simply stole the credit card numbers ?.The question is NOT about the security of the website or httpS and stuff like that.

Simple - its not worth the hassle with potentially bad service or getting scammed just to save a few $ (or what ever your local currency is).

Other ways to figure it out is by looking at reviews on other trusted websites, how long the website has been running for, forums etc.

Yes, there have been plenty of cases of fraudulent websites not giving customers what they paid for.

If in doubt, leave it out.

Also, one thing I always do when considering to do business with a new online business is to go the link for the "Contact info." or "About Us" and look at the information provided. Is there an address and telephone number? If not, I would be very leery of doing business if no contact info is provided. If there is, it might be very wise to make a verification call and/or put in the address in Google Earth and it will fly you right above it and you can zoom in take a look at what is there!

I would also inspect all the other web page links like the FAQ pages etc. Do they actually open or are they fake/dead links?

If it is a case of JDLR (Just Don't Look Right) run away!

Edited by Dennie

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.