Sign in to follow this  
bvanover

Early Renewal Keys - Your Key has been Blacklisted

Many of my users reported today they were getting a warning box saying their License file had been blacklisted.

We had recently purchased an "early renewal" subscription, but had not yet deployed it to all of our clients.

With no warning (our old key was not supposed to expire until late February 2012) our old key was added to the black list.

So today has been a scramble of pushing out our new key to all the clients. It is still trying to connect to some of the clients after several hours, and most of the tasks to push out a new license don't give me much in the options for scheduling. (I can't tell this to run every morning at 4 am, for example, like I'm able to if I want to push out a new version of Network Agent).

Also, for my home users that are not on our network but have the corporate version installed, we're having to send them the key file along with instructions on how to manually point to it. Some of our users can handle this, but others .. can't, so it's generating calls to our help desk, and they're helping them walk through the routine.

So, I've expressed my opinion to Kaspersky support, and thought I would express my opinion here, and see if anyone else had ran into this, and if anyone else is still seeing machines that simply won't pull a new license file down like they're supposed to. For what it's worth, once i get our new key file on a machine, I'm basically unable to revert it to the old one for more than a minute or two. Even removing the active license on a workstation only lasts a couple of minutes before it gets the new file (except in those rare cases).

Thanks for letting me vent.

Yep. Had the same problem yesterday. Luckily my sales person and support seem very willing to help resolve it and have been very apologetic.

I haven't had any machines that refuse to install the new license, but I do have about 3000 laptops that hardly ever connect to the network.

So support is creating a .exe file for me that contains our new key that the user can simply double click to install it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.