I am running Kaspersky 2011 on a few machines here and have been using your products for a good number of years as a quick search of your records will show.

I am having a massive issue with 2011 in that it has become intolerably slow with file transfer and copies across the network.

For example, I move a 1GB .mdb file from one machine to another most days. With my 1Gb/s network this should take moments and only delayed by the speed of the disk drives. What it shouldn’t be doing is to take HOURS to copy from machine to machine.

Please can you advise how I should configure my installations of Kaspersky so that I can move files around easily and swiftly. Or should I consider a new protection application from one of your competitors?

Is it quicker with Kaspersky disabled/exited?

Are the other machines in your network "Trusted" in Kaspersky's firewall/network rules?

I have tried to locate the machine names for the Network trust but couldn't.

I instead removed Kaspersky from both machines and the transfer took about a minute which is considerably less than three hours.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.