Sign in to follow this  
Chuckak

Siemens Unigraphics conflict with KAV Endpoint 8

Cannot get Kaspersky Endpoint version 8 to run on computers using Siemens Unigraphics and GM Toolkit. Only way to get Unigraphics to run correctly is to exit Kaspersky client completely.

Is there a list of applications and their exceptions object list somewhere.

Your best bet is to add the entire directory/directories the Siemens program is stored in into your Exceptions list.

The Trusted Applications/Exceptions list will be in the File Anti-virus portion of your policy. From there you can add and remove exceptions as needed and set rules for how Kaspersky does or does not interact with the application.

I have added the whole application directory %ProgramFiles%(x86)\UGS, %ProgramFiles%\UGS and the %systemroot%\temp directories to the exception list. Still have the issue.

I have globally turned off the following in the protection policy which has fixed the problems I had with Autocad and 3D Mice but not Unigraphics.

In Antivirus:

Enable Advanced Disinfection technology

Scanning of network drives

Enable System Watcher

In Advanced Settings:

Enable Self Defense

The user can run the program but is unable to perform certain functions such as measurement between points on the model. As soon as I unload the Kaspersky application everything works correctly and much faster. I have tried disabling some of the modules but the application still fails until I unload all of Kaspersky.

What good is all of these features/modules if we have to turn them off to get the programs to work correctly and get the computer speed back???

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.