Vitaly Belyakov

Kaspersky Update Utility 2.0 - commercial release

Dear users! Yesterday we finally released official version of Kaspersky Update Utility 2.0!

More about this you can read here.

Please post in this thread your impressions of this using this version - found\fixed problems (comparing to previous builds), and any suggestions.

Thank you!

Hi Vitaly, how are you ?

I'd like to help with the translation. Can I edit the locale file and translate it to Brazilian Portuguese ?

One suggestion. Insert a tab where we can choose the language.

Edited by DonKid

I would like to add the ability to filter the update for architecture "32 or 64-bit" and OS "window, linux, mac" as unsupported versions.

PD: Sorry for my English.

Edited by rydem_mail

Hi Vitaly, how are you ?

I'd like to help with the translation. Can I edit the locale file and translate it to Brazilian Portuguese ?

One suggestion. Insert a tab where we can choose the language.

Unfortunately, localization by just editing file is impossible. I'll submit translation to brazilian portuguese suggestion.

I would like to add the ability to filter the update for architecture "32 or 64-bit" and OS "window, linux, mac" as unsupported versions.

filters will be available in future versions.

Can this version running the scheduler update without login to windows first??

I think you can solve this to run the update utility as a service.

I found this new FAQ.

Edited by Helmut

I've used Kaspersky for years but have been having update problems. :dash1: I have used the Update Utility 2 to get the update. How do I get the update into the Kaspersky 2012? Is there an article I can look at or can you tell me in simple terms.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome.

...have been having update problems. ... How do I get the update into the Kaspersky 2012? ...
Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic of the Home User section of this forum.

Welcome. Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic of the Home User section of this forum.

I did all of these things but getsysteminfo. I have attached it, and the link is http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c0d873fb10e0961.

I can use the Update Utility 2.0 to get it all up to date, but then the Kaspersky auto update still doesn't work and fails. Then I have to use Update 2.0 again which gets the job done. With 3 computers this is a real pain in the butt to do every day. :dash1:

The Kaspersky support team is baffled. I bought IS 2011 here in Thailand and got the same problem in December, but when I went to the USA it updated without any problems. I got IS 2012 when my old one expired and then my troubles really started.

Thanks for the help and taking a look.

GetSystemInfo_USER_PC_USER_2012_02_11_10_33_49.zip

You're welcome. Your event viewer is flooded with Peer Name Resolution Protocol and Peer Networking Grouping service errors. This: http://www.google.com/search?q=Peer+Name+R...lient=firefox-a yields this: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing...n-protocol.html

Go ahead and toss in the Update report that I requested, and also please follow up with Thailand Tech Support.

Dear users! Yesterday we finally released official version of Kaspersky Update Utility 2.0!

More about this you can read here.

Please post in this thread your impressions of this using this version - found\fixed problems (comparing to previous builds), and any suggestions.

Thank you!

This tool really helpful rather than downloading zip files :cb_punk: :cb_punk:.