mczaplicki

Is it worth it to install additional security software if I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2012?

Is it worth it to install additional software on my computer, scan and secure software from unwanted applications when using longer Kaspersky Internet Security 2012? I mean applications such as Spybot Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, etc.?

Hello

It is not recommended to install mutiple protection layers on your computer.

To avoid main conflicts just let Kaspersky protect your system on his own.

Edited by Berny

Berny is correct......you give Kaspersky the best option to be effective if you install it on a clean install and simply let it protect you. If you're the sort that simply must have a second opinion the install Hitman Pro which is a second opinion behavioral scanner (& only that, it cannot replace an AV!) using 5 different engines to check against malware, it is free to use/scan and if you one day find malware you're given the option to a start 30 day trial.

But i would stay away completely from Spybot at this point, 5-7 years ago it had it's merits with regards to adware, now i find it mostly messes with Kaspersky ... we have several cases in the forum to support that, hence my personal opinion/view is recommending not to use it with Kaspersky.

Whatever you do ..... do not install multiple AV's, they do not mix well with each other at all! :)

though it's told that kaspersky is enough to protect your system, yet i would recommend to install malwarebytes free version on your system AFTER kaspersky has been installed, use it just as an on-demand scanner, as it's been a case for me in the past where malwarebytes was able to remove an infection, which kaspersky wasnt able to even detect, (there were randomly named files in system and Recycled folder had some exe's autogenerated).

So just install mbam free version and it wont be having any conflict with kaspersky.

Edited by KasperskyGOD