Sign in to follow this  
boundsw

Cannot install AV product - Error 11722

Hi

when ever i try and install the Kaspersky product on my w7 x86 machine, it fails :

error log :

Log Name: Application

Source: MsiInstaller

Date: 03/10/2011 14:05:39

Event ID: 11722

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: SYSTEMAX\wbou

Computer: wbou7.systemax.co.uk

Description:

Product: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallDriverKlim6X86, location: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\netcfg.exe, command: -g klim6 -l "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.inf" -t "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.cat" -z klim6.cat -c s -n kl_klim6 -i

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">11722</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-10-03T13:05:39.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>68030</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>wbou7.systemax.co.uk</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2052111302-1292428093-1801674531-15247" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Product: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallDriverKlim6X86, location: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\netcfg.exe, command: -g klim6 -l "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.inf" -t "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\KLIMX86\klim6.cat" -z klim6.cat -c s -n kl_klim6 -i</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Binary>7B38463032333032312D413745422D343544332D393236392D4436353236344338313732397D</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Get system info report :

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...57cea07fb59f8a3

I am a local and domain admin on the machine.

Any ideas

Hi - I checked the GSI log.

Can you confirm this file?

C:\Users\wbou\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Identd.exe

It may be worth sending a copy of the file to newvirus@kaspersky.com, zipped and password protected "infected" being the password.

Other solutions - please update the Windows installer package (if not already up to date)

Re-download the package to ensure the file is not currupt, http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/productupdates?chapter=146274385

Just a few idea's

Hope this helps

Scotty.

Hi

cheers for taking a look.

Identd.exe is part of my profile. Its an exe that responds to requests from our proxy server to identify itself to determine browsing access (Our proxy is not AD intergrated, so this app is needed) http://contentfilter.futuragts.com/wiki/do..._identification

Ill check the insteller, but the setup.exe im using works fine on all other machines in the business.

Hi

ok, my MS installer is uptodate, and if i try and download a fresh copy of the kaspersky installer it still fails with the same error.

Still not having much luck .......

Hi,

I had the same problem too, and after saw yours gsi post you used cisco vpn. cmiiw :rolleyes:

If in my case, it was because i'm using cisco vpn (it's affect on network card) and somehow it's halt the Kaspersky NDIS Filter installation.

And here what i did to solve my problem.

1. Uninstall cisco software first then install kaspersky.

-- OR --

2. Install kaspersky without NDIS Filter (kaspersky firewall/anti hacker will be disabled), here's the article to exclude the NDIS Filter (this method doesn't need to uninstall the cisco software first).

Then change the policy to make port 443 not scanned by kaspersky in setting -> network -> port setting (because my cisco vpn used this default port) and make exclusion for all cisco software.

Don't know if there's a better solution, but hope this can help and i hope kaspersky fix this issue in their new product (KES 8).

:beer:

"sorry for my bad english"