Conquerz

Kaspersky Cloud/KSN/File Advisor not working

Kaspersky File Advisor not working from two days on all shown 67 files, and not only:

ksnnotwork.png

KIS 2012 .374 abcd

what happens?

Kaspersky File Advisor not working from two days on all shown 67 files, and not only:

KIS 2012 .374 abcd

what happens?

Same happens here... Checked proxy etc... cannot connect.

Proxy's already disabled in IE9.0 and FF6.0 and in KIS:

ksnnotwork1.png

there any solutions?

Edited by tommy_504

Hi:

Hope this is isn't construed as hijacking the OP's topic....

Same problem here since clean installing KIS2012 (abcd) yesterday.

KSN UI says "connected" and database is synchronizing, but cannot connect when trying to analyze a file.

(Program and database auto-updates working fine, though I expect these are from the cdn servers, which are different.)

Checking/unchecking "network" > "use proxy server" in KIS interface makes no difference.

Browsers are Fx 5.0 and IE 9.

Is this a problem with the KSN servers?

Or do I have something configured incorrectly?

Thanks,

MM (new to the "cloud protection" feature)

Edited by MoxieMomma

please open a support ticket and tell Kaspersky. KSN servers might be down with a problem and they will need alerting to it. the proxy settings in your screenshot are as they should be. assuming everything else is working fine internet wise (you are able to update databases, surf the internet and get email etc.) the problem is Kaspersky's end and not yours.

I only add that in my system, nothing was changed, installed before the File Advisor has stopped working. This morning i did full clean install and it is the same.

Edited by tommy_504

The problem is definitely at Kaspersky's end, so no need to try any dramatic fixes, just wait it out. It's reported now at least.

Hello,

This is known problem. We will fix it.

Main windows says that KSN is working, but when I try to check reputation in KSN it always says

„Could not connect...” I had same problem in morning and tought thah is only temporaly, but it is not. Problem with KSN or something else?

post-258618-1313516398_thumb.png

how do i know that iam receiving antivirus databases from the cloud.

Hover your mouse pointer over the K tray icon. It will show the last database release date and time.

//Edit: Original topic is: "File Advisor not working". Topic is 15 months old. Topic is therefore amicably closed.

Edited by richbuff