richclever

Kaspersky very slow to scan

One of my clients has Kaspersky Workstation (sorry don't know the version - will try to find out).

When it is scanning it can take upto 24hrs before it completes. This is for a 80Gb drive. The PC is a Dell Dimension 3000.

Any body know why??

Richard

You can check a few things:

1) is he scanning network drives?

2) maybe your protection level is to high?

3) is your machine slow on other things? programs, internet? maybe spyware that takes 100% cpu usage? Check processes?

4) maybe your objects to scan option is set to all objects, try infectable objects...

I suppose if it were badly enough fragmented, it might be a possible problem too.

Hm,

i have one user with the same problem here...

do you have some anti-spy software on your pc ?

I suppose if it were badly enough fragmented, it might be a possible problem too.

Yes. I have personally had great success with defragmenting workstations, noticeably faster virus scans being one of the performance improvements. Since its tedious to do it manually, i have gone in for an automatic software that will run in the background.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.