JG_Hawkins

Malicious URL

7 posts in this topic

What does the message Malicious URL 3BBB6A...http://bs.serving.sys.com mean? Is this really Malware or a false positive?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Where did you get the message from? What version of Kaspersky are you using?

We need more information.

Welcome. Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.

With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. The item was in reports/detected threats. Listed as suspicious and highly critical. When I click on Quarantine it does not show a file.

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. The item was in reports/detected threats. Listed as suspicious and highly critical. When I click on Quarantine it does not show a file.

An iframer alert simply means that Kaspersky has blocked a web page that it suspects has malicious code within an iframe construct.

The page that would have been displayed would be replaced by a Kaspersky Alert - that you would have noticed.

As the page was blocked, you remain protected, no harm was done.

I did a little looking and found that it was from a tracking cookie probably from Yahoo. The company is listed as Eyeblaster. Since I did not find a file is it possible that there were residual bits left of something removed left on the system. I have noticed that if I scan with Super Anti-spyware it finds one cookie every time. My guess is that Kaspersky ignores it. What do you think?

What do I think?

You should have followed richbuff's advice in Post #3