Sign in to follow this  
icutzo

Pushing KAV Workstation

Hi there.

I have recently bought KAV BO version. I have a dedicated server just for the Adminkit and it is installed. I can push the Agent to all my clients no problem. Now my question is this one, How can I push the KAV Workstation and KEY to my pc's running the agent ? Do I need to download something first or is it already included on my AdminKit. I would really hate to have to go to every pc and install the KAV Workstation manually...I have about 100 workstations.

Ps I did not receive a cd, I went and downloaded the Adminkit and Workstation KAV on the Kaspersky Website through their link they sent me via e-mail

Thanks !

Chris.

Doubletex.

Hi there.

I have recently bought KAV BO version. I have a dedicated server just for the Adminkit and it is installed. I can push the Agent to all my clients no problem. Now my question is this one, How can I push the KAV Workstation and KEY to my pc's running the agent ? Do I need to download something first or is it already included on my AdminKit. I would really hate to have to go to every pc and install the KAV Workstation manually...I have about 100 workstations.

Ps I did not receive a cd, I went and downloaded the Adminkit and Workstation KAV on the Kaspersky

Hi,

i think that best for you is to find PDF about AdminKit and Remote Installation :)

but here is a shortcut :)

Just go to Remote Install folder create a new packet after that right click "Install"

after that you will be automaticly moved to "Tasks" folder and just perform remote installation :)

To add to SRLE, my typical deployment routine goes something like:

- Download latest KAV for Workstation

- Run it so that it unpacks it's files to a temp directory on your drive (usually c:\KAV\ I think?) but leave it waiting at the Installshield dialog till you've done the rest of these steps

- In Admin Kit, go to Remote Installation, creat New Package.

- Give the package a name and on the Select an Application page browse to the temp KAV folder as above.

- Select the .kpd file (Kaspersky Package Definition?)

- Run through the rest of the New Package wizard how you want, you can also select your key to install.

Once it's packaged and you've got your new package in the Remote Installations list then you can just cancel the KAV for Workstation install you started before.

Now to deploy:

- Go to your Tasks folder, right mouse and start a New task.

- Give it a name and on the Select Application screen choose Kaspersky Administration Kit and a type of task as Product Deployment Task

- Select your package you made before

- Probably chose Push Install

- Select 'I want to select computers using Windows Networking'

- Next screen is where you select which computers or group you want to deploy to.

- Keep going through till you finish.

If you scheduled it as Manual, then you'll now just need to right mouse on your new Task and chose Start for it to kick in to action and deploy away!

Oh ,and make sure you're running the latest version of the KAV admin kit (5.0.0409) as it has some new deployment features over the older versions such as install Network Agent first, or deploy Key with package.

Hope that helps!

To add to SRLE, my typical deployment routine goes something like:

- Download latest KAV for Workstation

- Run it so that it unpacks it's files to a temp directory on your drive (usually c:\KAV\ I think?) but leave it waiting at the Installshield dialog till you've done the rest of these steps

- In Admin Kit, go to Remote Installation, creat New Package.

- Give the package a name and on the Select an Application page browse to the temp KAV folder as above.

- Select the .kpd file  (Kaspersky Package Definition?)

- Run through the rest of the New Package wizard how you want, you can also select your key to install.

Once it's packaged and you've got your new package in the Remote Installations list then you can just cancel the KAV for Workstation install you started before.

Now to deploy:

- Go to your Tasks folder, right mouse and start a New task.

- Give it a name and on the Select Application screen choose Kaspersky Administration Kit and a type of task as Product Deployment Task

- Select your package you made before

- Probably chose Push Install

- Select 'I want to select computers using Windows Networking'

- Next screen is where you select which computers or group you want to deploy to.

- Keep going through till you finish.

If you scheduled it as Manual, then you'll now just need to right mouse on your new Task and chose Start for it to kick in to action and deploy away!

Oh ,and make sure you're running the latest version of the KAV admin kit (5.0.0409) as it has some new deployment features over the older versions such as install Network Agent first, or deploy Key with package.

Hope that helps!

Hey Thanks, that helped a lot...i'm stating to get a hold of this console thing... ;)

Chris. :D

Just for reference, you can use winzip etc to open the install package and retrieve the .kpd file :D