socrates28

Full scan taking too long

12 posts in this topic

Having just updated to KIS12 - I performed a full scan - this took 2-3 hours and I could surf the internet whilst it was scanning.

In the past I could do a full scan on KIS11 and happily surf away with a slight loss of speed

Now it seems I cannot surf at all - is this normal?

Having just updated to KIS12

Hello

Did you proceed with a clean install ?

Please uninstall Ask Toolbar and Windows Live Onecare

Edited by Berny

Also, your event log is flooded with disk errors. You should run the chkdsk utility.

Double click My Computer, right-click the disk you want to check, > Properties > Tools > Error Checking > Check Now > Check Both Boxes > Start. You will probably get a message saying the volume is currently in use and asking you if you want to run chkdsk on the next startup. Type y and press ENTER. Restart your computer.

You can review the results by right-clicking My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > Application. Look in the Source column for WINLOGIN. Double-click to read results.

Edited by dh27564

Also, your event log is flooded with disk errors. You should run the chkdsk utility.

Double click My Computer, right-click the disk you want to check, > Properties > Tools > Error Checking > Check Now > Check Both Boxes > Start. You will probably get a message saying the volume is currently in use and asking you if you want to run chkdsk on the next startup. Type y and press ENTER. Restart your computer.

You can review the results by right-clicking My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > Application. Look in the Source column for WINLOGIN. Double-click to read results.

I started this overnight - everything was fine but D drive was running for hours and still only at 10% - I cancelled it - whats next?

Backup and replace D drive is my suggestion. Sounds like it's on the way out.

Is the scan hanging on one specific object ?

Is the scan hanging on one specific object ?

I will perform the task again as I am out most of the day and see where we are later and report back

Thx for sticking with me guys!

You could scan drive "D" separetly ...

Any better if you uncheck the "scan all archives" option ?

Edited by Berny