Sign in to follow this  
irkisuser1285

Kaspersky Online Store Selling Old Version?

I have just purchased the Kaspersky Password Manager vis digital download (Digital River). I had received an Email last week from Kaspersky with a special offer. After researching for compatibility issues since I recently upgraded my web browsers to the latest versions, I decided to purchase.

What I was given to download appears to be version 4 (kpm4.0.0.133en_us.exe) and not version 5 of the product. Since versions were not mentioned at the time of purchase, I had assumed I was getting the latest commercially available version, not an older incompatible version. How can I correct this issue?

I have not installed at the time of this post.

Please contact Tech Support and apprise them of the situation and request Version 5 activation: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

Version 5 will be available in the USA soon-ish.

This is really strange. I just purchased KPM in the USA as well (presumably almost 2 months after this post I'm replying to) and I was given version 4. When I go to the Kaspersky website to download the latest version, I'm given version 4 again.

Some links I've managed to find will actually give me a file that appears to be version 5 (http://www.kaspersky.com/kpm-latest-versions?downlink=206916012), yet some give version 4 (http://usa.kaspersky.com/files/?file=kpm〈=en). This does seem to be an issue with the USA download/sales site.

I too have created a support request about this incorrect version but haven't specifically asked for version 5 activation (yet).

I have filed another support ticket upon/with the advice of a Live Chat operator. I do not know if the ticket went through since I didn't receive a confirmation Email (for either ticket). For some reason, the human verification system seemed to think I was attacking it. Maybe I was idle too long while chatting?

I have just purchased the Kaspersky Password Manager vis digital download (Digital River). I had received an Email last week from Kaspersky with a special offer. After researching for compatibility issues since I recently upgraded my web browsers to the latest versions, I decided to purchase.

What I was given to download appears to be version 4 (kpm4.0.0.133en_us.exe) and not version 5 of the product. Since versions were not mentioned at the time of purchase, I had assumed I was getting the latest commercially available version, not an older incompatible version. How can I correct this issue?

I have not installed at the time of this post.

Kaspersky is always coming out with new versions and fixes for their products. If you received an older version of a product when purchasing, then just download newest version and type in activation code.

You can do that here.

http://www.kaspersky.com/kpm-latest-versions

Hello Digiteyes.

I ran into a similar issue when purchasing KPM several weeks ago. KPM 5.0 was released within a few days of my purchase and I was told that the newly purchased version 4 liscence would not work with the new version. I contacted support and they provided a new Activation Code for version 5. I suggest you contact support, expalin your situation, and ask for a version 5 Activation Code. Once you get the new code, download the new version via the link provided by Firestorm. You can also get it by going to Kaspersky's Global site.

It's important to know that, unlike KAV/KIS, KPM apparently doesn't include free upgrades except for changes to the current version. So, when KPM 5.0 came out, a new license/activation code was required to use it, which makes sense to me because there's no annual renewal charge for KPM. What doesn't make sence is why the version 4 is still the only one avalable on the USA site, or why, when a code is purchased now, it would be for version 4. If you do some quick research on this Forum, you'll see this was an issue for many users when version 5.0 was realeased.

I'm sure Support will be able to help you. You'll definately want the new version. Make sure, once you have the proper activation code, you download the latest version - 5.0.0.148.

BC

Hello Digiteyes.

I ran into a similar issue when purchasing KPM several weeks ago. KPM 5.0 was released within a few days of my purchase and I was told that the newly purchased version 4 license would not work with the new version. I contacted support and they provided a new Activation Code for version 5. I suggest you contact support, explain your situation, and ask for a version 5 Activation Code. Once you get the new code, download the new version via the link provided by Firestorm. You can also get it by going to Kaspersky's Global site.

It's important to know that, unlike KAV/KIS, KPM apparently doesn't include free upgrades except for changes to the current version. So, when KPM 5.0 came out, a new license/activation code was required to use it, which makes sense to me because there's no annual renewal charge for KPM. What doesn't make sense is why the version 4 is still the only one available on the USA site, or why, when a code is purchased now, it would be for version 4. If you do some quick research on this Forum, you'll see this was an issue for many users when version 5.0 was released.

I'm sure Support will be able to help you. You'll definitely want the new version. Make sure, once you have the proper activation code, you download the latest version - 5.0.0.148.

BC

At long last, I have returned with an update. :P

I did as many suggested here regarding contacting Support for an upgrade. I explained that version 4 was incompatible with Firefox 4, the browser I was currently using. The cause of my issue was (is?) that version 5 of KPM wasn't available in the USA at the time. I don't know why this was so, but it was. I was provided with a new license and link for version 5. I was happy and content.

As the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought it back. ;) I was advised by Firefox 4 to update to the latest version (v5) for security and stability reasons. I did so hoping that it would still work with KPM. Silly me. So now I await the next critical fix along with everyone else and limp along coaxing passwords and IDs out of KPM as I go. No more automation. :( Many of the sites (non-critical) I visit remember my IDs but not my passwords (some do the passwords as well) so it's not too bad. Many of these I've tried to explicitly tell them not to save any information yet they persist and refuse to work without cookies. As far as I know, I've deleted my cookies on those stubborn sites. Fortunately I don't access any of them from a public computer. :)

Edited by Digiteyes

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.