Hi

I just installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and updated twice.

version of Kaspersky is 11.0.1.400

So am i up to date and good to goo! :cb_punk:

Also wanted to say hi in the forum :bs:

Thats good..but the latest version is 11.0.2.556 you should install the latest. its been out quite some time now.... ;)

Hi How do I do so?

My updates say this is latest version

Does this update you say vary between different regions?

I stay in India

Hi 2 more questions as well,

When i play games like Age of Mythology will Kaspersky automatically go to silent mode/Gaming profile?

Also,

which option should I select under USB in

General scan Settings to set Kaspersky to scan All USB drives Automatically

yes versions can vary by regions.. gaming go to settings, advanced settings, down to gaming profile, in there check use gaming profile.. uncheck when done playing..for usb use full scan for complete safety.. if im wrong a mod will correct. good luck welcome to the forum... rp ^_^ :to_keep_order:

Hi

Thanks,I have enabld Gaming mode

but I had a doubt if it have to be enabled/disabled everytime,

The info given suggests kaspersky automatically stops activity when a full screen activity is detected,

Love to get a confirmation

No, you don't have to enable/disable it every single time:

This is from KIS2012 beta help file:

Full-screen mode. Gaming Profile

Certain programs (especially computer games) running in full-screen mode are only marginally compatible with some features of Kaspersky Internet Security: for example, pop-up notifications are undesirable in that mode. Quite often those applications require significant system resources, meaning that running certain Kaspersky Internet Security tasks may slow down their performance.

To avoid manually disabling notifications and pausing tasks every time you launch full-screen applications, Kaspersky Internet Security provides the option of temporarily changing the settings using the gaming profile. When the gaming profile is active, switching to full-screen mode automatically changes the settings of all product components to ensure optimal system functioning in that mode. Upon exit from the full-screen mode, product settings return to the initial values used before entering the full-screen mode.

Hi what about version upgrade??

1) Uninstall kaspersky old version (1.400) (if u buyed kaspersky save activation code(or something like that) it will be in the uninstallation)

2) go kaspersky.com download the newest version 2.556(i guess) save it to desktop, when downloaded install. and enjoy the full protection of kaspersky :)

Regards

Thanks but should i not recieve it via upgrade???

Sorry but just not sure why KIS won`t automatically do it! :dash1:

is their something wrong with the cd installer also is their any way i can save the update files of current kaspersky?

My internet is slow Max.speed of 32Kbps will take more than an hour to download another hour to update

:ak:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.