Sign in to follow this  
9777Venu

kaspersky internet security 2011 rescue disk database obsolute

9777Venu   

I am having problem with updating the databases in rescue disk. I am using 10/100 3COM Ethernet Network Card for internet connection and it is working fine. But when i use rescue disk and try to browse using the Internet Explorer (linux based) provided by rescue disk i am not getting connected. Is this the reason for not getting updates to database? if yes, please suggest what steps/ measure i need to take for internet connection. Hope rescue disk have all the required drivers for Ethernet card for internet connection.

Advance Thanks for your support. -Venu

please use the rescue disk creation wizard inside KIS 2011 to download the latest databases to the disk image before burning a fresh one.

9777Venu   
please use the rescue disk creation wizard inside KIS 2011 to download the latest databases to the disk image before burning a fresh one.

Thanks for Response.

I am using the rescue disk as bootable disk. My system is infected with virus and not able to run exe files and infact the Task Manager is disabled. By downloading the latest databases as mentioned above will that be available through bootable CD mode? What i understand is when i use KIS 2011 cd as bootable, it is installing linux OS. Will that downloaded latest databases will be available in linux mode?

Edited by Amaravadi

unfortunately not because afaik you can't integrate them manually from the linux environment. you will need to download them from the internet in that case but it sounds like your computer's network adaptor is not fully supported via automatic configuration. please go on the rescue disk section of the forum for further help with this. someone may know how to assign manual settings for the network adaptor and get you up and running properly.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=159

Thanks for Response.

I am using the rescue disk as bootable disk. My system is infected with virus and not able to run exe files and infact the Task Manager is disabled.

Use a 3rd party app to access the registry, run it as Admin, your problem can be in this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSE S\exefile\shell\open\command] @="\"%1\" %*"

Please check it.