Sign in to follow this  
bvanover

Reinstall Network Agent FOR Admin kit?

Can you resintall the Network Agent for the Admin kit without doing a total reinstall?

Running 8.0.2134 - one of my batch files removed just the Network Agent from the server running Admin kit.

surprise - admin kit no longer works.

When I try to reinstall just the network agent - it says No.

When I try and reinstall Admin kit (hoping I could just run the installer and it wouldn't break 400 things) - it gets to 'upgrading database' - again tells me no.

Am I hosed?

Last time I tried upgrading the admin kit I had to blow it away.. then blow all traces of it away.. then go look for anything resembling kaspersky on the server and blow it away.

and then after 4 attempts to install the admin kit, it finally installed. (and it only worked that 4th time because it knew I was on the phone with Kaspersky support)

I really don't want to go through all that again..

Why not just create a stand alone install file using the wizard in the repository? Make sure to take the checkmark out of "do not install if already installed". It should install over top of itself.

Can you resintall the Network Agent for the Admin kit without doing a total reinstall?

Running 8.0.2134 - one of my batch files removed just the Network Agent from the server running Admin kit.

surprise - admin kit no longer works.

When I try to reinstall just the network agent - it says No.

When I try and reinstall Admin kit (hoping I could just run the installer and it wouldn't break 400 things) - it gets to 'upgrading database' - again tells me no.

Am I hosed?

Last time I tried upgrading the admin kit I had to blow it away.. then blow all traces of it away.. then go look for anything resembling kaspersky on the server and blow it away.

and then after 4 attempts to install the admin kit, it finally installed. (and it only worked that 4th time because it knew I was on the phone with Kaspersky support)

I really don't want to go through all that again..

Why not just create a stand alone install file using the wizard in the repository? Make sure to take the checkmark out of "do not install if already installed". It should install over top of itself.

Can't get to the Admin kit at this point - If I launch the Administration Kit, it just tells me it can't talk to the server (localhost) - can't talk to it from my normal workstation either.

It was a stupid mistake, running my batch file that removes Network Agent, then reinstalls it.. but why, oh why, did it let it uninstall it in the first place..? :(

When i do the regular install / setup.exe - it's not failing because it's already installed, it's failing because it detects that I have the Admin Kit installed on the machine. One of those catch 22's.

Strangeness - I logged into my machine this morning, and Kaspersky Administration kit is connecting just fine to the server machine now.

I guess I didn't accidentally/automatically remove the network agent. Good to know I can't shoot myself in the foot with that particular method, anyway - just odd that it wouldn't let me talk to the server shortly after I ran the batch file that was 'supposed' to automatically uninstall network agent. (Modifying all my batch files now so they won't ever run on the server machine, just in case...)

may i ask, why you need such a batch script that removes then installs the agent?

may i ask, why you need such a batch script that removes then installs the agent?

It removes all previous versions of the agent first. I found with 8.0.2134 that just running the msi installer will fail - it will not upgrade a previous version for some reason. (It will do this just fine interactively if you use the setup.exe, but I wanted my batch files to be completely automated).

I do have a deployment job in Admin kit that does the upgrade as well. This was just kind of a "catch-all" line that made absolutely sure the machine is up to date.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.