Alexander Ilin

TESTING: Auto-patch F for KAV 6.0 MP4 CF1 (6.0.4.1424)

Dear colleagues,

We are planning to start testing an auto-patch “F” for Kaspersky AV for WKS/FS MP4

Fixed:

• Fixed crashing of mail plugin in the Outlook.exe process

• “Black.lst is corrupted” error after updates

• Removed the unconditional registration of Outlook plugins on product start

• Fixed the Outlook plugins registration utility – now the Outlook bitness and the presence of installed Mail Checker and AntiSpam components are taken into account

• Fixed the task scheduling algorithm

• Fixed the situation when AdminKit received old events from the product

• Fixed the crashing of klnagent.exe process

Improved:

• Application Activity Analyzer: improved the algorithm for I/O Redirection detection, to lower the number of False Positives

Known restrictions:

• Adding components through the Repair procedure after the patch F application can result in disappearance of the patch letter from the product version. Nevertheless, product modules will remain updated

• Adding components through the Repair procedure after the patch F application will not correctly register the Outlook plugins. To register them correctly, please use the ou_reg_util.exe utility from the product folder (this utility is part of the autopatch F).

Good to see these fixes are finally coming!

I have tested auto-patch F under the following circumstances:

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-Bit

Office 2010

Patch was applied and prompted for a reboot. Following a reboot I tested the Outlook crash issue we were having when right clicking on an file on the desktop and sending to email recipient. In our case it appears that the Outlook add-ins may not have registered properly the first time following the patch as Outlook crashed the first time, but subsequent attempts it worked fine.

kevgo

This is VERY good news!

I'm sorry to say, I really don't know how to apply this package to Admin Kit for testing. Is there a set of instructions available for utilizing these files, and which files we need?

This is VERY good news!

I'm sorry to say, I really don't know how to apply this package to Admin Kit for testing. Is there a set of instructions available for utilizing these files, and which files we need?

I created a separate 'test folder', move in my 'test' clients, assigned an update task to the group which points only to the test server and then ran the update task.

clear?

kevgo

OECBruce

This is VERY good news!

You should set http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/test/ap/ as an update source in Admin Kit update task. And please be noticed not apply it in the product environment unless the official release is announced.

kevgo

Patch was applied and prompted for a reboot. Following a reboot I tested the Outlook crash issue we were having when right clicking on an file on the desktop and sending to email recipient. In our case it appears that the Outlook add-ins may not have registered properly the first time following the patch as Outlook crashed the first time, but subsequent attempts it worked fine.

As far as I understood you had to apply patch F twice for add-ins to register?

Thank you for clarifying the installation process.

I have installed it on two test machines:

WinXP + Outlook 2007 and

Win7 x64 + Outlook 2007

So far no problems as far as I can tell. I will use these to test this patch in the coming days. Also curious about the black.lst problem being fixed, we still get this from time to time.

Regards

So far no problems as far as I can tell. I will use these to test this patch in the coming days. Also curious about the black.lst problem being fixed, we still get this from time to time.

Do you get “Black.lst is corrupted” error or something else? Still appears after the patch has been applied?

Kb 4442

Yes, we still get "Black.lst is corrupted" on a small number of clients, but not very often so it's not a big problem for us. It's only about once or twice a month and usually a rollback and then another signature update will fix it.

I will keep an eye on it though, if it happens again with Auto-patch F.

I have tested auto-patch F under the following circumstances:

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-Bit

Office 2010

kevgo

Our scenario is exactly the same however the issue of Outlook crashing still occurs whether or not the Outlook add-ins are re-registered.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bruce

I've deployed the F patch to my workstation only as a test.

Win7 Pro x64 (no SP1 yet, but all patches)

Office 2007 SP2

No errors during update procedures.

We don't use the Anti-Spam Module though, or Anti-Hacker. That might have helped.

The "send to mail" function is now working without crashing.

General snappiness of the machine seems better as well since the patch was applied. Were there general performance improvements in this patch?

J

We don't use the Anti-Spam Module though, or Anti-Hacker. That might have helped.

The "send to mail" function is now working without crashing.

General snappiness of the machine seems better as well since the patch was applied. Were there general performance improvements in this patch?

I can also see improvment in performance, web browsing is faster, outlook didn't crash these days. We use every module except Anti-Spam & Anti-Banner.

I have moved my client to new group and called it TEST, but I don't know why it's updating when the "normal" WS are updating.

I just added another update task in the test group with the test URL as the source and set it to run every 6 hours.

Then I ran the task manually once to set things up while I watched.

J

I just added another update task in the test group with the test URL as the source and set it to run every 6 hours.

Then I ran the task manually once to set things up while I watched.

J

But I did...

post-241054-1303294163_thumb.jpg

Did you check that the task:

a) Has the beta update URL above all the other source (both update profiles - mobile and regular)

B) Has the "update application modules" setting enabled

J

Did you check that the task:

a) Has the beta update URL above all the other source (both update profiles - mobile and regular)

B) Has the "update application modules" setting enabled

J

Is this ok? These are settings and I still update with other WS.

post-241054-1303297474_thumb.jpg

Dear all,

Testing of autopatch F is finished.

The release is planned in the beginning of the next week.

It is necessary to reboot after the autopatch has been applied.

Thank you very much for information provided.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.