Viktor

Kaspersky Internet Security for Android on Google Play Market

lapin   

WOW! Good Job Victor!

If i can guess, the license for Android will be different from the one for Windows Mobile/Symbian/Blackberry?

xokage   

Добрый день. Купил Kaspersky Mobile Security Версия 9.4.55 для Android поставил - активировал -работает. Выключаю телефон ( samsung galaxy S) включаю Mobile Security больше не работает. Mobile Security снова предлагает активировать его и все настройки нужно опять настраивать.

NAMOR   

Looks great, picked it up last night... Thanks for supporting Android 1.5, not many security apps support it. :bravo:

Pricing is:

Europe: 6.95 Euro

USA: 9.95 USD

UK & rest of the World: 5.95 GBP

Life-time license, one device.

The most amazing new is the Life time licence. :bravo:

LVE   

Я как и пользователь xokage столкнулся с той же проблемой! Купил на "Android Market" Kaspersky Mobile Security v9.10.67.

Через некоторое время начались проблемы... После выключения аппарата (Samsung GT-I9000 с офф.прошивкой 2.2.1) слетают настройки Касперского... требуется новая активация приложения и установка настроек.

Возможно это и не вина Kaspersky Mobile Security 9, так как при этом слетают регистрации у других программ, таких как Crystal TV...

При этом стоит Лаунчер SPB Shell 3Dс последним обновлением... и, у меня есть подозрения в его "виновности"... Кто знает как эти два приложения взаимодействуют. :bo:

LVE   

Я как и пользователь xokage столкнулся с той же проблемой! Купил на "Android Market" Kaspersky Mobile Security v9.10.67.

Через некоторое время начались проблемы... После выключения аппарата (Samsung GT-I9000 с офф.прошивкой 2.2.1) слетают настройки Касперского... требуется новая активация приложения и установка настроек.

Возможно это и не вина Kaspersky Mobile Security 9, так как при этом слетают регистрации у других программ, таких как Crystal TV...

При этом стоит Лаунчер SPB Shell 3Dс последним обновлением... и, у меня есть подозрения в его "виновности"... Кто знает как эти два приложения взаимодействуют. :bo:

Kaspersky Mobile Security is live on Google Android Market.

Pricing is:

You can see it here https://market.android.com/details?id=com.k...e=search_result

Or directly on your Android device using keyword search.

I have already bought kms off the website as soon as it was released. It cost £19.99 for 1 year, now it is available on market costing £5.95 for lifetime license, I should get this for free, or be given a lifetime license or refund.?

lapin   
Yes I would like to know this too.

The price in the website is mainly for the other operating systems.

So, you can buy the lifetime license from Market and you are all ok :)

The initial agreement seems that I am turning over immense power: giving Kaspersky the ability to make phone calls from my phone, send messages from my phone, giving them the right to modify/delete/add contacts – the list goes on. Can you please explain this as you rightly say that these things, depending on my plan, could cost me money. I need more information to make a decision. Why is this necessary?

lapin   
make phone calls from my phone

KMS doesn't automatically make calls!

send messages from my phone

The messages are for your protection and nothing more!

giving them the right to modify/delete/add contacts

Actually, you are the one that delete the contacts and only if you want! This is mainly used in case of loss.

KMS won't delete/modidy any contact by its own.

You can also hide contacts' info if you don't want others to look at them.

could cost me money

The features that could cost you money are used(by you) if you lose your mobile!

So, you are not gonna use them daily!

In a few words, it will not cost you money :P

ghepardo   
The price in the website is mainly for the other operating systems.

So, you can buy the lifetime license from Market and you are all ok :)

No, you are COMPLETELY WRONG LAPIN.

I contacted Kaspersky Support, because the android market KMS9 is bugged at the time of writing, and, what they told me,

is that KMS9 from Android Market is UNSUPPORTED by Kaspersky. To get support, you MUST buy the more expensive one from Kaspersky Website!

lapin   
No, you are COMPLETELY WRONG LAPIN.

I contacted Kaspersky Support, because the android market KMS9 is bugged at the time of writing, and, what they told me,

is that KMS9 from Android Market is UNSUPPORTED by Kaspersky. To get support, you MUST buy the more expensive one from Kaspersky Website!

That's bad to hear :blink:

I agree with Lapin that this would be bad to hear.

Twice already in this thread there have been questions about how the version on the Android Market differed from the more costly version offered directly from Kaspersky, but there has been no response. I like KMS but am concerned if this is indeed the direction. As I am using an ATT Captivate that is blocked from installing applications outside of the formal market (unless one roots the device), there may not be a supported option to use the version directly from Kaspersky even if I wanted to pay the delta.

idunno   
I agree with Lapin that this would be bad to hear.

Twice already in this thread there have been questions about how the version on the Android Market differed from the more costly version offered directly from Kaspersky, but there has been no response. I like KMS but am concerned if this is indeed the direction. As I am using an ATT Captivate that is blocked from installing applications outside of the formal market (unless one roots the device), there may not be a supported option to use the version directly from Kaspersky even if I wanted to pay the delta.

Following is the response I received from Kaspersky support (US) when I asked the same question back in May:

Here are the differences between the one in the Android Market and the one from our website.

KMS version in Android Market place ($9.95):

· This version does not have Activation codes. The product has its license built into it.

· It can only be used on the phone it is purchased on. It cannot be transferred to another phone.

· If you replaces your phone (broken, lost, stolen, upgrading), it would need to be repurchased again.

· You cannot upgrade to the latest version.

KMS version in retail and online ($29.95)

· This version has an Activation code.

· It can be installed on your currently used phone (still only one device at a time).

· If you replace your phone you can install and activate this version on your new phone.

· You are entitled to upgrade to the latest version of KMS as it is released.

Thanks for the info regarding the differences in the versions.

I have also asked the question of support, and was told that Kaspersky does support the software purchased through the Market, but that refunds would need to be pursued through the Market. Ok fine.

The explanation of the differences in the previous post seem reasonable to me.

anod032   

I can't download application anymore because it's restricted in my country (Israel).

I bought it when it just released.

I did factory reset and I cannot install it anymore

Market shows application as purchased, but when i click on it it says - item cannot be found.

snarf   

Hello everyone!

A few days ago I purchased KMS9 from the Android Market for my HTC Desire Z. Unfortunately, the app does not work properly on my device. It continuously blocks the phone, making it to send many SMS messges per day to the predefined phone number, as well as emails informing the recipients that the phone has been stolen. This ofcourse results to both mine and my friend's frustration, as well as unwanted charges to my phone bill due the messages being constantly sent.

I contacted Kaspersky directly, who forwarded my case to Talos Software & ΙΤ Ltd. (Kaspersky's official partner in Greece). In my email, I was explaining the problem and the only thing they could say to me was to download the trial version from Kaspersky's website and check if the problem persisted. So I did and in a magical way, everything worked great! The only problem now is that I do not have a valid license for this version, since I have bought the Android one. So, I went on and explained to them what the new problem is and guess what they told me:

"Dear client, after contacting Kaspersky, we would like to inform you that you should post your case at Kaspersky's user forum".

Any ideas what that could possibly mean?

This exact same post, will be sent once again to support@kaspersky.com today. Hope someone comes up with an answer.

Thanks!

ghepardo   
Hello everyone!

A few days ago I purchased KMS9 from the Android Market for my HTC Desire Z. Unfortunately, the app does not work properly on my device. It continuously blocks the phone, making it to send many SMS messges per day to the predefined phone number, as well as emails informing the recipients that the phone has been stolen. This ofcourse results to both mine and my friend's frustration, as well as unwanted charges to my phone bill due the messages being constantly sent.

I contacted Kaspersky directly, who forwarded my case to Talos Software & ΙΤ Ltd. (Kaspersky's official partner in Greece). In my email, I was explaining the problem and the only thing they could say to me was to download the trial version from Kaspersky's website and check if the problem persisted. So I did and in a magical way, everything worked great! The only problem now is that I do not have a valid license for this version, since I have bought the Android one. So, I went on and explained to them what the new problem is and guess what they told me:

"Dear client, after contacting Kaspersky, we would like to inform you that you should post your case at Kaspersky's user forum".

Any ideas what that could possibly mean?

This exact same post, will be sent once again to support@kaspersky.com today. Hope someone comes up with an answer.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem: you can't solve it. KMS from android market comes with no support at all, so you need to keep it as it is, as stated in the KMS-AndroidMarketVersion EULA.

In fact I solved stopping using it.

David21   
Kaspersky Mobile Security is live on Google Android Market.

Pricing is:

You can see it here https://market.android.com/details?id=com.k...e=search_result

Or directly on your Android device using keyword search.

This is great! Mobile phones really need protection.

KMS don't runs on Android jelly beans. SAYS: I can not install kaspersky on the phone memory.

Nexus s, Android J. B. 4.1.1

nice phone ;)

from the release notes for latest version of fully supported KMS 9.4.130:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

The application is intended only for devices featuring SMS receipt and transfer and working under Android operating system version 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.0.3.

The application supports devices with a screen resolution of 320x480 pixels or higher.

unless they have tried to add support for jellybean in the lower cost un-supported Android Market version I would hazard a guess it is not compatible with jellybean.

Hi antikythera , version 9.4.130 works fine, but I bought the version of Android Market that will not install. Evidently j.b. is not supported yet.

PS: True, the nexus s is a great phone :rolleyes: