same here in Wales but my update just stays at 0% on my laptop, on my PC it stays at 33%.

Is this being worked on as I've also noticed that my PC has become very very slow

Keep getting Error connecting to update source

same here my update is 0% get different files as downloads > xml.dif < files hope you find the problems asap , great to know people are on the ball :) i am in the UK ..

Edited by ilponn

In collaboration with the developers we are investigating the problem.

Thanks all.

Glad to see support being vigilant as ever :bravo:

To confirm I also have same issue. To compensate, I initially changed update settings to manual, but kept getting yellow warning to fix settings back to auto-update. So I have set it as a temporary measure to update by schedule (unticked "run skipped tasks") to prevent constant update checks during update issues currently being experienced.

Running KIS 2011 v556 (a.b.d)

Am confident that my system will be protected whilst this is being fixed :supercool:

Edited by oldyorkie

I am having the same issues on both my PC at home (v2011) and my system at work (v2010) so it is across the board. 2011 hangs at 32% and 2010 is hanging at 12%. Hopefully Kaspersky will fix this issue soon. Both systems were updated daily until today so it wasn't an out of date issue.

same here my update is 0% get diffrent files as downloads dif files hope you find the problems asap , great to know people are on the ball :) i am in the UK ..

Same here with KAV 11.0.2.556 (a.b.c.d) on laptop (Win 7) and desktop (Win XP SP3). Using up my monthly download allowance in a rush. Is it recommended to turn off automatic update or is solution yet known and coming?

Just wanted to point this out - I have 3 machines one x64 and the others are x86 all Windows 7.

The x64 bit machine updated this morning instantly without issue.

Could this be a x86 version problem?

DJ PIP

Just wanted to point this out - I have 3 machines one x64 and the others are x86 all Windows 7.

The x64 bit machine updated this morning instantly without issue.

Could this be a x86 version problem?

DJ PIP

Think you may have just got lucky <_<

I am running 64 bit win7 & cannot update

I really hate to be a nuisance but can we please have an update to what Kaspersky is doing to resolve the problem? I updated to KIS 2011 because of this problem and as it turns out.. now I have an obsolete database and haven't gotten any updates since "11/17/10". I will not be working until this is fixed so it would be nice to get an hourly (hopefully it wont even take much longer) as to what is going on. Thank you so much in advance.

KIS 2011 has been trying to connect to update but gives an error message that it is not able to connect to the update source. Is the update server down?

I've tried updating several times now. I normally let it auto-update, but it failed and had the same problem. I tried updating manually and luck with that either. This is the first this has ever happened.

EDIT:

I delved deeper into the forums and saw that this might be a problem with the servers. Which is what I was thinking, but I did not see anyone posting such problem until just now. I have the same issues as most of the other users. The update stops at around 32%-34% and the file size is quite small. About 192Kb, which normally would download almost instantly for me.

Edited by Carey7090

I'm having sudden issues with my Kaspersky 2011 since I installed it. I never had an issue with 2010, but somehow since I have updated it, my databases keep malfunctioning when I try to update and it keeps telling me I have active threats, but gives me no option to fix them. The fix it now button doesn't work, the neutralize option doesn't work. I'm frustrated and I am in need of help please!!!!

Yeah, I'm running it on 3 machines. It's not working on a Laptop with Windows 7 64 bit, Desktop running Windows 7 64 bit, and a Desktop running XP SP3.

The problem is being worked on, so I think it's best to wait until until the problem is resolved. To prevent unsuccessful automatic retries you can change the update mode to "manual" for now.

I've no doubt Kaspersky will have things back up and running in no time. It's been a long while since there was an server problem, honestly. Give them a chance and they'll fix it soon.

I've no doubt Kaspersky will have things back up and running in no time. It's been a long while since there was an server problem, honestly. Give them a chance and they'll fix it soon.

I am sure that KIS is working overtime and their servers are flooded. It appears that the servers hang at the same point and file

post-178770-1298299641_thumb.jpg

For the last 3 weeks I have had repeated problems updating my Kaspersky 2010. Today I have run the repair program feature through my control panel (this usually works) and it did not do the trick. My update center only updates to 10% then stalls out. Sometimes I get a further note that there is a corrupt database (but not this time).

First of all, how do I get the %$$#@! thing to update this time.

Secondly, why does this keep happening in the first place.

Is anyone else having issues? I'm not a computer person, but I'm no dummy either. This problem is perplexing, happens every 3 or 4 days, and is wasting my time. I feel I should not have be a friggin computer scientist to get a program like this to function consistently, right?

I am sure that KIS is working overtime and their servers are flooded. It appears that the servers hang at the same point and file

The manual update setting will work in the short term. I am guessing KIS will have the problem corrected within 24 hours.

same here in Wales but my update just stays at 0% on my laptop, on my PC it stays at 33%.

Is this being worked on as I've also noticed that my PC has become very very slow

Keep getting Error connecting to update source

Same here. Was hanging at 33 or 34%.

But have just managed to complete an update to 100% (2MB) at 3.10pm UK time.

In this version of KIS (KIS 2011) I haven't been able to locate a means of stopping a hanging update. I expect it's right in front of my nose, but where should I be looking for an option to stop a hanging update, please?

Edited by Poppy