File download diffs/bases/av/kdb/i386/base169.kdc.jph recurs several times throughout the update. also, this happen for i386/base169.kdc.tzl, and their updates do not finish. :blink:

Best regard

post-307240-1298289801_thumb.png

I confirm this. Update was stuck at 34%, running for over an hour downloading these two files over and over, total size of the update was over 14 MB when I stopped it. I launched the update again with the same result.

Hello,

This is known problem.

Thanks for your report.

Try now, in my case now works update to 11:28 databases.

Mine is doing the same for the past 2 hrs. It is stuck at 34% and does not finish the download

Still doesn't work for me. Sticks at 34% ON diffs/bases/av/kdb/i386/base169.kdc.jph & diffs/bases/av/kdb/i386/base169.kdc.tzl

I'm using version 11.0.1.400 Version 11.0.2.556 is available but I can't download it as I'm on holday in Australia, from the U.K and I'm using a very slow Dial-Up line. It said it will take more than 10 hours when I did try to download it. My ISP would block it as being too large.

HELP

Still doesn't work for me. Sticks at 34% ON diffs/bases/av/kdb/i386/base169.kdc.jph & diffs/bases/av/kdb/i386/base169.kdc.tzl

I'm using version 11.0.1.400 Version 11.0.2.556 is available but I can't download it as I'm on holday in Australia, from the U.K and I'm using a very slow Dial-Up line. It said it will take more than 10 hours when I did try to download it. My ISP would block it as being too large.

HELP

I'm using vers 11.0.1.400 as well and still isn't dl for me :(

HELP

Still not working for me, and as I upgraded to 2011 this morning it means my last release date is 26/11/2010.

Would this mean I am as good as unprotected at the moment?

Still not working after all this time, it continues to hang at 32%, surely someone at Kaspersky should have realised and fixed it by now, or at the very least post something here for users to read regarding this glitch... :angry:

In collaboration with the developers we are investigating the problem.

Thanks all.

In collaboration with the developers we are investigating the problem.

Thanks all.

I am having the same problem, stuck on 32% :(

Had to cancel the download

Was just about to re-install Kav-11... Lucky i checked to see others having the same problem! :blink:

Mine gets stuck at 31% then after a few minutes starts back at 0% (i'm using Kav-11.0.2.556)

Hello:

Also having update problems.

Everything was fine overnight -- last successful update was to database version 2/21/2011 02:08 AM.

Since then, multiple automatic and manual update attempts have all failed.

On at least one attempt, received error message from KIS that network operation timed out.

I made no changes to KIS settings that might have caused this (or at all, for that matter).

Internet connectivity and all other programs having no issues.

KIS banner/orb are green, system is protected, no threats.

All scans are clean.

Troubleshooting:

Confirmed that proxy server is unchecked (see screenshot).

Confirmed that system date/time are correct.

Tried to change from automatic server detection to US server: did not work, so changed back.

Update report and screen shots of settings are attached.

Please advise.

Thanks,

MM

update__malfunction_20110221_2.txt

post-261768-1298294269_thumb.png

post-261768-1298294282_thumb.png

post-261768-1298294290_thumb.png

Thank you, JanRei, for quick reply.

(Topic title of other thread was confusing - did not realize it was the same issue.)

Please explain, though:

When I looked at KIS settings re: proxy server, it actually *WAS* checked.

I found this odd, b/c I do not use a proxy server.

Moreover, updates have been fine until this incident.

I followed the standard recommendation to uncheck it.

I don't know if this was correct, and cannot determine the effect, until the KL update server issue is resolved.

So,

1. WHY was the proxy server box checked in my settings? (I am certain I never would have enabled this, as I do not use a proxy.)

2. Was this a default setting that I never noticed?

3. Why then did updates work for many months with the proxy server setting enabled?

4. As we speak, KIS is trying again to automatically update -- unsuccessfully. Should I temporarily disable this until the server issue is resolved?

Thanks,

MM

Edited by MoxieMomma

Was just about to re-install Kav-11... Lucky i checked to see others having the same problem! :blink:

Mine gets stuck at 31% then after a few minutes starts back at 0% (i'm using Kav-11.0.2.556)

I'm having the same problem using KIS 11.01.1.400 hanging at 34% then restarting the downlaod again

I rebooted my computer 3 times thinking it was that causing the issue.

Edited by Coconut Dream

By default the usage of proxy server is enabled. Because the option "Automatically detect the proxy server settings" is enabled as well, KAV/KIS will try to find out automatically whether you have to use a proxy server. For most users this should work fine. In case KAV/KIS can't find out the correct settings itself you can explicitly specify them.

You can change the update mode to "manual" for now until the problem with update servers are resolved.

same problem confirmed in australia

kaspersky pure 9.1.0.124 stuck at 9%

KIS 11.0.2.556 stuck at 34%

the same files as mentioned in original post are looping

same here in Wales but my update just stays at 0% on my laptop, on my PC it stays at 33%.

Is this being worked on as I've also noticed that my PC has become very very slow

Keep getting Error connecting to update source

Edited by Paul13

Having the same exact problem. I had not updated to KIS 2011 so I thought that may have been the problem, so I updated. I was meaning to do it anyway but it's still not working. Found this thread and I'm getting the same exact problems that everyone in here is talking about. I'm in Washington state, btw.